NEW YORK, June 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Business Development Institute -- Harvard Business School CMCO Brian Kenny, a veteran marketing and communications strategist, will deliver the keynote presentation about how large brands integrate social media and networking throughout the enterprise. The conference will be held on July 21, 2010 at the Graduate Center of The City University of New York and is produced by Business Development Institute and PR Newswire.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/bdi/44667/
"What's different about this conference is we will share specific case studies about how brands such as Unilever, JetBlue, SAP, Century 21 and Harvard Business School actually integrate their social marketing/communications with other functional areas including customer service, human resources and operations. We will address the educational needs of corporate marketers and communicators that are increasingly working on cross-functional projects. This emerging trend is a result of social technologies' impact on how people and organizations interact with each other both inside and outside the company," says Steve Etzler, Founder & CEO of Business Development Institute.
The half-day morning conference will consist of several case study presentations followed by smaller moderated interactive roundtable discussion groups with 8-12 attendees each on very specific topics.
Presenters and moderators include:
- Meighan Berberich, Vice President, Marketing, BlogTalkRadio
- John Bentz, Senior Vice President, Waggener Edstrom
- Stacie Bright, Senior Communications Marketing Manager, Unilever
- Joe Ciarallo, Editor, PRNewser, Manager, PR Initiatives, mediabistro.com
- Carolyn Klein, Senior Director of Media, Vonage
- Jenny Dervin, Director of Corporate Communications, JetBlue Airways
- Matt Gentile, Director - PR and Brand Communications, Century 21 Real Estate LLC
- Daniel Goodfellow, KIT digital, Inc.
- Paul Hernacki, Chief Technology Officer, Definition6
- Brian Kaufman, Senior Director Client Solutions, KIT digital, Inc.
- Brian Kenny, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Harvard Business School
- Cathy Larkin, Owner / Consultant, Web Savvy PR
- Christine Perkett, President and Founder, PerkettPR
- Ruben Quinones, Director of Sales, Social Media, Path Interactive
- David Weiner, Senior Account Supervisor, PR Newswire & Founder, DigitalSomethings
- Evan Welsh, Director of Global Media Relations, SAP
The conference will cover questions including:
- What are the best case studies of how leading brands integrate social media and social networking throughout the enterprise including communications, marketing, customer service, and human resources functions?
- How are leading companies organizing internally for social convergence across the communications, marketing, customer service, and human resource functions?
- What are the leading technologies and tools for listening, measuring, and managing social initiatives internally and externally?
- How are organizations using best of breed social technologies to achieve specific business objectives?
- How do you make the business case to senior management for investing in social projects?
- Who are the best vendors, partners, and technology companies in the social convergence space?
- How does the internal application of social with employees impact customers, employment candidates, and partners externally?
More than 300 senior marketing, communications and media professionals are expected to attend. Over 1,000 are expected to tune into the live audio broadcast on www.blogtalkradio.com. For additional information, including registration, please visit the event website at http://www.bdionline.com/sce.html
About Business Development Institute
Business Development Institute (BDI), founded in New York City by Steve Etzler in 2001 and managed by Maria Feola, produces conferences and educational programs for marketing, communications and media professionals. Over 8,000 attendees have participated in our programs. We specialize in how technology and the internet impacts marketing, communications and media. Our programs educate while providing valuable networking opportunities to our attendees. The quality of our speakers, program topics, 1/2 day format, network, and value are what differentiates BDI from its competitors. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bdionline
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire Association LLC (http://www.prnewswire.com) provides electronic distribution, targeting, measurement and broadcast services on behalf of tens of thousands of corporate, government, association, labor, non-profit, and other customers worldwide. Using PR Newswire, these organizations reach a variety of critical audiences including the news media, the investment community, government decision-makers, and the general public with their up-to-the-minute, full-text news developments.
Established in 1954, PR Newswire has offices in 14 countries and routinely sends its customers' announcements to outlets in more than 170 countries and in more than 40 languages. Utilizing the latest in communications technology, PR Newswire content is considered a mainstay among news reporters, investors and individuals who seek breaking announcements from the source. PR Newswire's leading services include ProfNet(SM), eWatch™, MEDIAtlas™, Search Engine Optimization, MediaRoom, MediaSense™, MultiVu™, U.S. Newswire, the preeminent policy newswire in the industry, Vintage Filings, the fastest growing Edgar filing company, and Hispanic PR Wire, LatinClips and Hispanic Digital Network, the foremost Hispanic communications services. PR Newswire is a subsidiary of United Business Media Limited, a leading global business media company that serves professional commercial communities around the world. For more information, go to www.unitedbusinessmedia.com.
About United Business Media Limited (www.unitedbusinessmedia.com)
United Business Media Limited (UBM) is a global media and marketing services company that informs markets and brings the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print, and with the information they need to do business successfully. UBM serves professional and commercial communities, from IT professionals to doctors, from journalists to jewelry dealers, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. UBM employs more than 6,500 people in more than 30 countries. UBM's businesses operating in the US include CMPMedica, Commonwealth Business Media, Everything Channel, PR Newswire, RISI, TechInsights, TechWeb and Think Services. UBM is listed on the London Stock Exchange (UBM.L) and has a market capitalization of $2.5 billion.
CONTACT: Rachel Meranus, Vice President, Public Relations, PR Newswire, +1-201-360-6776, or email@example.com; or Steve Etzler, Founder and CEO, Business Development Institute, +1-212-765-8045, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.twitter.com/bdionline, www.slideshare.com/bdionline
SOURCE Business Development Institute