- DataV is now fully deployed and operationalized at its launch customer, a Fortune 500 transportation concern with global operations. In a deployment initially valued at $4.3 million, DataV is providing this customer with the ability to more rapidly and accurately diagnose and repair faults using historical and real-time data streaming from assets in operation. Bsquare anticipates expansion into other global brands operated by this customer in 2017.
- During the fourth quarter, DataV secured a major new win in the smart vending space with a global provider of candy, food, and beverages. The initial deployment is in the Netherlands, Italy and Austria, with expansion into 5-7 additional markets anticipated in 2017.
- As announced earlier in the fourth quarter, Bsquare DataV was selected by a global provider of smart energy meters. This deployment, valued at $1.9 million in the first year with a $2.8 million optional 4-year extension, treats software applications as "things" that can be dynamically downloaded to tens of millions of meters.
- Bsquare was recently granted "IoT Competency" status by Amazon Web Services (AWS). This status, given to a small subset of AWS Partner Network (APN) members, recognizes the innovative work Bsquare has performed using DataV in conjunction with AWS IoT in live deployments.
- During 2016, Bsquare won multiple awards, both for DataV and for tech culture, that highlight the innovative nature of DataV and the unique work environment at Bsquare.
Bsquare DataV is a software solution built specifically to address key industrial IoT use cases. These use cases include predictive failure, adaptive diagnostics, IoT device management, condition-based maintenance, asset optimization and asset utilization. With a hybrid IoT platform, DataV is able to operate within the customer's own data centers, with cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offerings, or in conjunction with IoT platform services offered by AWS and Microsoft Azure.
For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes. Bsquare DataV software solutions can be deployed by a wide variety of enterprises to create business-focused Internet of Things (IoT) systems that more effectively monitor device data, automate processes, predict events and produce better business outcomes. Bsquare goes a step further by coupling its purpose-built DataV software with comprehensive analytic and engineering services that can help organizations of all types make IoT a business reality. For more information, visit www.bsquare.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the safe-harbor provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by words such as: "expect," "believe," "plan," "strategy," "future," "may," "should," "will," and similar references to future periods. Examples of forward-looking statements include, among others, statements we make regarding sales momentum, growth in our business with existing customers, and expansion into new geographical and product markets. Forward-looking statements are neither historical facts nor assurances about future performance. Instead, they are based on current beliefs, expectations and assumptions about the future of our business and other future conditions. Because forward-looking statements relate to the future, they are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks, and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict and many of which are outside of our control. Our actual results may differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements. Therefore, you should not rely on any of these forward-looking statements.
Important factors that could cause our actual results and financial condition to differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements include, among others: our ability to execute our development initiatives and sales and marketing strategies around DataV™, the Internet of Things, and our product and service offerings more generally; the extent to which we are successful in gaining new long-term customers and retaining existing ones; our success in leveraging strategic partnering initiatives with companies such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft; and such other risk factors as discussed in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statement made by us in this release is based only on information currently available to us and speaks only as of the date on which it is made. Except as may be required by law, we undertake no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether written or oral, that may be made from time to time, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
BSQUARE, the BSQUARE Logo and DataV are trademarks of BSQUARE Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Other names and brands herein may be trademarks of others.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bsquare-datav-enters-2017-with-strong-momentum-300384518.html