PROVO, Utah, March 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Family entertainment network BYUtv today announced the cast for the 10th season of its fan-favorite sketch comedy show "Studio C," set to premiere in fall 2019. A viral phenom with nearly two billion views on YouTube, "Studio C" derives universally-loved humor from everyday life through endlessly watchable and shareable sketches that offer comic perspective on commonplace scenarios and pop culture commentary.
"We have assembled an incredible combination of talent for 'Studio C' season 10 and are thrilled to renew our commitment to sophisticated comedy that delivers to all ages and every member of the family," said Michael Dunn, managing director of BYUtv. "Season 10 is a major milestone for BYUtv, and, as a result, we have spared no effort in developing the talent and future road map of this series. Our fans love, trust and can't resist sharing 'Studio C' comedy, and we were incredibly pleased by the eager response from experienced artists in the world of sketch and improvisational comedy as we conducted our nationwide search for a new generation of hilarious, smart talent untapped in television."
The eclectic new cast for season 10, joining "Studio C" alums Tori Pence and Dalton Johnson, includes:
- April Rock, from Connecticut, who's studied at Pepperdine University, Upright Citizens Brigade, Second City and John Rosenfeld Studios
- Arvin Mitchell, from Missouri, a finalist on NBC's "Standup for Diversity" who has done stand-up comedy all over the world, including Spain, Africa, Germany, Italy and England
- Austin Williams, from Tennessee, who's studied at Belmont University, Upright Citizens Brigade, iO and Second City
- Garet Allen, from Utah, media arts student at Brigham Young University and former member of sketch team Divine Comedy
- Ike Flitcraft, from New Jersey, who's also studied at Belmont University, Upright Citizens Brigade, iO and Second City
- Jessica Drolet, from Quebec, who has studied at The Acting Center, Upright Citizens Brigade, The Pack and Groundlings, and is a former member of the house sketch team Tantrum at the Pack Theater in Hollywood
- Jetta Juriansz, from Arizona, most known for being on Hulu's "Pocket Watch Challenge Squad" and "Glowing Up Fast" on Funny or Die
- Matthew Galvan, from California, film directing and acting major at John Paul the Great Catholic University
- Tanner Gillman, from Utah, who's appeared in 25 film and television projects, doing work for Amazon Prime, Paramount and Hallmark
Full bios and photos are available at the following link: www.byutv.org/studioccast.
BYUtv is joining forces with Kaleidoscope Pictures ("Show Offs," "Christmas Under the Stars") to produce season 10 of "Studio C." Kaleidoscope has tapped Los Angeles showrunner Jim O'Doherty to lead the cast. Jim was a stand-up comedian and sketch performer before turning to a writing and producing career. Some of his credits are NBC's "Third Rock from the Sun" and "The Tracy Morgan Show," Fox's "Grounded for Life," Nickelodeon's "How to Rock Braces and Glasses," and Disney's "Kickin' It" and "Gamer's Guide." His writing and performing background make him the ideal candidate to take "Studio C" to even greater heights.
In addition to "Studio C," BYUtv's original programming slate includes "Dwight in Shining Armor," a comedy in which the Middle Ages meets Middle America; "Relative Race," the first family-history based competitive reality show that follows four teams as they meet relatives linked by DNA for the first time in a race throughout the United States; "Random Acts," an unscripted hidden-camera reality show that highlights the altruistic nature of human beings by featuring real people who are the recipients of random acts of kindness; and the new cooking competition series "Dinner Takes All" that's all about food, family and fun. BYUtv is available across the country via cable, satellite and multiple digital media platforms.
For a complete listing of BYUtv's programming and to view full episodes, visit www.byutv.org.
BYUtv provides families more than 1,700 hours of entertaining and compelling programming they can enjoy together. The network's content is trusted, contemporary and clean, yet clever and sophisticated enough to inspire children and parents alike. BYUtv's diverse portfolio of original, co-produced and acquired content includes scripted and unscripted dramas and comedies, 700+ hours of live HD collegiate sports, game shows, and holiday special made-for-tv movies, docudramas and concerts. BYUtv is available in 50 million homes in every state of the country on DISH Network, DirecTV and 146 other major cable systems. A digital pioneer, BYUtv was the first U.S. television network to stream all of its content live and unencrypted over the internet. Today, BYUtv has over 1 million YouTube subscribers and 1 billion views and is available live and on-demand on multiple digital platforms free of charge, including Apple TV, YouTube, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, Xbox One, Windows Media, digital apps for iOS and Android, and BYUtv.org. Based in Provo, Utah, BYUtv is part of BYU Broadcasting, which is owned by Brigham Young University.
About Kaleidoscope Pictures
Kaleidoscope Pictures is a full-service production and creative entity. Founded in 2002 by Micah Merrill, Adam Anderegg and Russ Kendall to inspire positive change in people's lives through the artistic expression of hope, Kaleidoscope has produced entertainment and media from short form branded content to Emmy® award-winning film and television programing. Recent work includes the holiday film, "Winter Thaw," which the New York Times dubbed "best serious Christmas film of the year," the award-winning music doc "Man in The Camo Jacket," which Billboard Magazine called "an inspiring film," and the new half-hour musical improv comedy series "Show Offs."