VEVEY, Switzerland, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CAILLER, home of Swiss chocolate since 1819, is now available online and at an exclusive San Francisco retail pop-up location just in time for the gifting season and holiday celebrations. With Amazon as its primary retailer, Nestlé will again sell CAILLER chocolate in the U.S., bringing its super-premium chocolate from the lush foothills of the Swiss Alps to American doorsteps nationwide.
"From one chocolate town to another, we are thrilled to bring our rich Swiss heritage – nearly 200 years of recipes and techniques, from bean to bar – to San Francisco, a city that respects and appreciates chocolate as much as we do," says Paul Hodges, Head of CAILLER International.
To further enhance the experience, CAILLER has partnered with renowned San Francisco-based restaurateur and sommelier, Shelley Lindgren, to pair California wines with pieces from the CAILLER Signature Selection and its brand new, limited-time-only Winter Selection.
"There is no better synergy – especially in California – than a premium Swiss chocolate that has been perfected over generations and the rich flavors of wine, " says Shelley. "It's a perfect pair just in time for the holidays and I'm thrilled to help share the CAILLER story with fellow San Franciscans."
The San Francisco retail experience will take residence at 117 Post Street, San Francisco, and will be open to the public from December 15 to 21st (specific times below).
Guests are invited to experience something for all the senses including the opportunity to:
- Indulge the taste buds at the complimentary chocolate tasting bar, where guides will also share wine pairing recommendations to accompany the CAILLER varieties
- Hear from specially trained chocolate concierges about the CAILLER method and receive a special gift with purchase
- Slip on a VR headset and immerse themselves in the natural beauty surrounding Maison CAILLER in Broc Switzerland, where every piece of CAILLER chocolate is made
- Be among the first to try the limited edition Winter Selection box with the special decoupage cut out design
- Create a personalized greeting card with decoupage design
The Winter Selection, a limited edition 20-piece assortment, will be highlighted at the San Francisco location. This creation offers smooth and creamy chocolate centers and delicate notes of classic winter spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Also available will be four assortments in 16- and 25-piece boxes: Signature; Milk Chocolate; Praliné; Dark Chocolate; as well as a selection of CAILLER bar varieties.
In addition to the selection assortments, seven CAILLER bar varieties are also available on Amazon, including:
L'ECORCEM Bar selection – Thin chocolate bars available in four flavors:
- 70% Cocoa Strong & Intense
- 54% Cocoa Salted Caramel
- Smooth Milk Rich & Creamy
- Smooth Milk With Hazelnut
ART DU BRUT™ selection – A delicious blend of rich chocolate, freshly roasted nuts, and tangy fruit. Every bite is unique. Comes in three distinct flavors:
- Intense Dark Almond, Hazelnut & Blueberry
- Intense Dark Almond & Cranberry
- Smooth Milk Almond, Hazelnut & Cranberry
San Francisco Retail Dates and Times:
- Thursday , December 15th, 10am – 8pm
- Friday, December 16th, 10am – 8pm
- Saturday, December 17th, 10am – 8pm
- Sunday, December 18th, 10am – 8pm
- Monday, December 19th, 10am – 8pm
- Tuesday, December 20th, 10am – 8pm
- Wednesday, December 21st, 10am – 8pm
For more information about CAILLER chocolates and the Maison CAILLER, please visit:
CAILLER, home of Swiss chocolate, was created by M. Francois-Louis Cailler in 1819. CAILLER premium chocolate is quality-crafted from bean to bar – with recipes and techniques perfected over generations. The milk used in CAILLER milk chocolate comes from local Swiss farms located within 20 miles of Maison CAILLER, the only place in the world CAILLER chocolate is made.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cailler-from-the-foothills-of-the-swiss-alps-to-the-city-by-the-bay-300371785.html