BALTIMORE, June 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Calvert Partners will host the 2nd Annual Trends in Distance Education Summit (TIDES), June 16-18 in Baltimore, MD. School administrators, district superintendents and educators will convene to discuss issues in elementary and middle school virtual education.
The program will cover a wide range of issues including legislative and advocacy issues, web marketing strategies and social media marketing, 21st Century professional development and continuous quality improvement in curriculum design.
Educational leaders slated to speak at the conference include:
- Lauren Bensink, Director, Elementary Education, The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School
- Jim Davis, Partner, Holland and Knight
- Dr. William Harbron, Superintendent, Northern Ozaukee School District, Wisconsin
- Ken Karpay, Consultant, Karpay Diem
- Laurie Larsen, Advocacy Director, Valley School District, Washington State
- Dr. Marilyn Myers, Virtual Learning Coordinator, Duval County Schools
- Dr. Mark Selle, Superintendent , Valley and Orient School Districts, Washington State
- Dr. Richard Varrati, CEO and Executive Director, Quaker Digital Academy
- Kristi Parker, Special Education Academy Leader, The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School
Jean Halle, President and CEO, Calvert Education Services said, "We welcome the opportunity to build on the success of last year's conference and engage school administrators and industry thought leaders in a collaborative forum that is designed to enlighten, inform and challenge us in educating students in a virtual environment. "
Calvert has been the trusted leader in distance learning for more than a century. The world-renowned Calvert School curriculum is used by public, private, virtual charter and international schools and students in all 50 states and over 60 countries. Calvert dedicates itself to inspiring students to realize their full potential in a 21st century learning environment using a proven curriculum and expert instructional support systems designed to encourage academic excellence.
SOURCE Calvert Education Services