Cancer Network Highlights the Top Stories From the 2014 ASCO Annual Meeting
Jun 17, 2014, 09:53 ET
NORWALK, Conn., June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that Cancer Network, a leading online community for oncologists, presents exclusive coverage of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting, held May 30-June 3 in Chicago.
This year, the ASCO Annual Meeting brought together more than 30,000 oncology professionals from a broad range of specialties to share best practices and the latest research and clinical trial results in oncology.
Cancer Network, the online home of the journal ONCOLOGY, reported on some of the top highlights from the meeting, featuring over 60 articles, blogs, and interviews on the latest findings in breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer, brain tumors, gastrointestinal cancers, and hematology, including:
- Results of the E3805 phase III trial that found that adding docetaxel to hormone therapy in advanced prostate cancer resulted in dramatic survival improvements.
- An analysis of two phase III trials showing that exemestane trumps tamoxifen in early breast cancer.
- Studies finding that apatinib prolonged survival in advanced gastric cancer and ruxolitinib may boost survival in pancreatic cancer.
- Blogs From the 2014 ASCO Street Team on everything from cost issues and overtreatment in cancer care, to perspectives on the CHAARTED trial.
- Interviews with Dr. Daniel Petrylak on the role of chemotherapy and novel targeted agents in prostate cancer, Dr. Kenneth Carson on the pros and cons of follow-up imaging in lymphoma, and Dr. Susan Domchek on treating patients with BRCA-positive breast cancer.
About UBM Medica US
Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital – increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete show. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news.
Jason J. Golden
Content Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Medica US
Share this article