NEW YORK, Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CannonDesign, an integrated global design firm, is excited to announce it has earned recognition as a leader in the design industry per Building Design + Construction's (BD+C) annual Giants survey along with several recent design awards from the American Institute of Architects (AIA), Engineering News Record (ENR) and The Chicago Athenaeum.
The annual BD+C Giants 300 Report is a comprehensive ranking of the top architecture, engineering and construction firms in the country by overall revenue data. CannonDesign maintained its position as the #8 architecture/engineering firm in the U.S. and increased its overall revenue from the previous year.
In addition, the BD+C Giants Report recognizes CannonDesign as the following:
- The #3 U.S. education design firm
- The #5 U.S. healthcare design firm
- A top 10 green building design firm
- The #11 U.S. Science & Technology design firm
- The #22 corporate office design firm in the U.S.
These strong rankings build on other similar distinctions the firm has earned in the past year. Architect 50 identified CannonDesign as the #12 design firm in the U.S. and World Architecture recognized the firm's global health, education and science practices as among the top 10 in the world.
CannonDesign and its work also received numerous design awards during August from leading professional design organizations. The awards are detailed below:
- Kaiser Permanente's Radiation Oncology Center has been named a recipient of the prestigious AIA National Healthcare Design Award.
- Engineering News Record selected the University of Florida, Reitz Student Union and the University of District of Columbia Student Center as Regional Best Projects.
- The Chicago Athenaeum awarded the Indiana University Health Neuroscience Center of Excellence and our design for the Armenian American Museum competition with 2016 American Architecture Awards.
CannonDesign is an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers and industry specialists driven by a singular goal — to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. Its more than 900 employees in 16 offices around the world partner with clients across a multitude of industries, including healthcare, education, science + technology, corporate/commercial, civic and sports. www.cannondesign.com