NEW YORK, June 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Capital IQ, a Standard & Poor's business, today announced the availability of ClariFI v5.0, the latest version of its market-leading alpha research and portfolio management platform. Featuring all-new screening functionality and a new data management interface, ClariFI v5.0 raises the standards of performance and flexibility in investment management software. Additionally, the new version integrates functionality and content from the Capital IQ web platform to provide the best of both quantitative and fundamental approaches to clients.
ClariFI's new Screening module enables investment managers and researchers to quickly and efficiently construct custom universes and benchmarks, discover new investment ideas, and produce data reports and aggregates using graphical expressions that leverage the platform's superior data integration capabilities. Clients can analyze characteristics of the resulting screen, calculate and plot return statistics, and export customizable reports. Flexible rule creation provides users with more control over how portfolios are defined, and rich reporting features allow for significantly enhanced output and better investment decisions.
Key highlights of ClariFI v5.0 include:
- New Screening Module – interactively generate new investment ideas, data reports, and custom benchmarks with a combination of sophisticated screening rules and aggregation features. Perform 'backtests at a glance' on screens to get a quick idea of historical screen performance. Export results and company-level data to Microsoft Excel.
- Expression Building Interface – enhanced graphical user interface for designing, storing, and viewing expressions and factors. Completely modular and flexible for faster factor creation and organization.
- Enhanced Data Library – superior interface for organizing and locating data items within very large data libraries with multiple data sources, frequencies, and currency denominations.
- Hierarchical Constraints for Portfolio Optimization – now available in the ClariFI Portfolio Optimizer. Facilitates easier specification of optimization problems by allowing automatic relaxation of constraint groups.
- 64-bit Calculation Engine – expands the memory available for expression evaluation, and allows for faster execution of large workflows that run interactively and in production mode.
- Integration with Capital IQ Web Platform – allows clients to access detailed company tear sheets and data drilldowns to the source documents from within the ClariFI v5.0 user interface.
John Krowas, vice president of product development at Capital IQ stated, "The recent upgrades to ClariFI are the direct result of collaborative user feedback and continued leverage of Capital IQ's vast primary data collection capabilities." He continued, "ClariFI v5.0 includes new functionality targeted at both quantitative and fundamental clients that want the best of both worlds, and furthers ClariFI's lead among state-of-the-art portfolio management products."
Randall Winn, executive managing director of Capital IQ said, "We aim to constantly improve upon all of our offerings, and therefore work very closely with clients to define enhancements that best support their evolving investment processes as well as industry demand." He continued, "ClariFI v5.0 not only underlines our commitment to providing innovative, easy-to-use, best-of-breed software, but also successfully addresses the challenges of investors in both the quantitative and fundamental space, far surpassing competitive offerings. We are excited to announce this latest release, and look forward to the continual advancement of ClariFI, along with the other research and analysis solutions in the Capital IQ product suite."
About Capital IQ and Standard & Poor's
Capital IQ, a Standard & Poor's business, delivers comprehensive fundamental and quantitative
research and analysis solutions to over 4,200 investment management firms, investment banks,
private equity funds, advisory firms, corporations, and universities worldwide. Its solutions are
based on the Capital IQ Platform, Compustat, ClariFI, and Alphaworks products, and offer an array of powerful applications for desktop research, screening, real-time market data, backtesting, portfolio management, financial modeling, and quantitative analysis. For more information, please visit Capital IQ's web site at www.capitaliq.com.
Standard & Poor's, a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP), is the world's
foremost provider of independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and
data. With offices in 23 countries and markets, Standard & Poor's is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions. For more information, visit www.standardandpoors.com
SOURCE Capital IQ