MORRISTOWN, N.J., Nov. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Capsugel, a global leader in delivering high-quality, innovative dosage forms and solutions, today announced its scientific and commercial presence at the 2016 AAPS Annual Meeting and Exhibition, taking place in Denver, Colo., from Nov. 13-17 (booth #1101). During the meeting, the company's R&D and product development scientists will present more than a dozen technical posters and host seminars covering the latest advancements in bioavailability enhancement, targeted delivery and capsule/encapsulation solutions for designing, developing and manufacturing novel drug candidates.
"Capsugel's scientific and engineering expertise, as well as our depth in key technology platforms, will be on exhibit at this year's annual AAPS meeting," said Keith Hutchison, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Research & Development, Capsugel. "We continue to advance our capabilities in addressing all aspects of bioavailability, as well as technologies and products tailored to specialized applications and specific patient populations."
Technical poster highlights include:
- Latest advancements in intrinsically enteric capsule technology – eliminating the need for functional coatings. The first scientific presentation of the newly launched, award-winning Vcaps® Enteric capsules examines the technology's performance in achieving enteric protection and delayed release without functional coatings in poster #29W1200 (Wednesday, Nov. 16, 12:00-12:30 pm). enTRinsic™ drug delivery technology utilization for microbiome applications will also be featured in poster #26W1230 (Wednesday, Nov. 16, 12:30-1:00 pm).
- Improved performance of key enabling technologies for increased solubility. Improved performance of spray-dried dispersion technology via ternary amorphous systems will be discussed in poster #30W0300 (Wednesday, Nov. 16, 3:00-3:30 pm). Advances in lipophilic salt technology for improved lipid-based formulations will be highlighted in poster #33T0100 (Tuesday, Nov. 15, 1:00-1:30 pm).
- Specialized technologies and products for patient-centric medicines. New research on scale-up of Coni-Snap® sprinkle capsules, specifically designed for pediatric and geriatric dosing, will be presented in poster #19M0930 (Monday, Nov. 14, 9:30-10:00 am.) The use of lipid multi-particulate technology in the development of a taste-masked pediatric dosage form will be presented in poster #29W0100 (Wednesday, Nov. 16, 1:00-1:30 pm).
Expert Seminars (Exhibit Hall, Room 3):
- Spray Drying for Amorphous Dispersions; Rod Ketner, Ph.D., Director, Business Development & Alliances, Capsugel (Monday, Nov. 14, 9:00-10:00 am).
- How New Polymer Science is Changing the Functional Role of Capsules; Ed Jule, Director, Pharmaceutical Business Development, Capsugel (Monday, Nov. 14, 10:30-11:30 am).
Visit Capsugel's booth #1101 to learn more about its technology innovations and its new corporate brand campaign – "Engineering Medicines to Life" – which amplifies Capsugel's position as a differentiated, specialty CDMO partner.
Capsugel designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health and nutrition industries. Our unique combination of science, engineering, formulation and capsule expertise enables our customers to optimize the bioavailability, targeted delivery and overall performance of their products. We partner with more than 4,000 customers in over 100 countries to create novel, high-quality and customized solutions that align with our customers' evolving needs and benefit patients and consumers. For more information, visit www.capsugel.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/capsugel-to-make-first-scientific-presentation-of-vcaps-enteric-capsules-and-showcase-latest-innovations-at-2016-aaps-300361417.html