NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Carbon thermoplastics market in automotive to register a CAGR of 29.65% between 2016 and 2021"
The market size of carbon thermoplastics is estimated to reach USD 549.4 million by 2021, registering a CAGR of 29.65% between 2016 and 2021. Increase in production of automobile and growing middle-class population is expected to drive the carbon thermoplastics market in the next five years. The major restraining factor of the CFRTP market is the high cost of carbon fiber compared to other fibers (glass, natural) that are used in the manufacture of various components of car. Moreover, concerns of automotive manufacturers over providing a waste disposal or recycling system for carbon composite parts is also a restrain.
"Polyamide resin segment driving the carbon thermoplastics market"
Polyamide carbon thermoplastics is the dominant segment in the overall carbon thermoplastics market, in terms of volume. Efficiency in technology to improve consumer experience is vital to the growth of the modern composite industry. Carbon fiber reinforced polyamide (CF/PA) is used in exterior and interior automotive parts such as door modules, body-in-white components, steering wheel components, seat structures, exterior mirrors, frontend grilles, and trim.
"Rising demand in Asia-Pacific is the major driver of the global carbon thermoplastics market"
Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region in the global carbon thermoplastics market. The increase in middle-class population, rising disposable income, and demand for fuel efficient automobiles are expected to fuel the demand is carbon thermoplastics in the region.
Breakup of primary interviews:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 46%, Tier 2 – 27%, and Others – 27%
- By Designation - C level – 36%, D level – 18%, and Others – 46%
- By Region - North America – 36%, Europe – 36%, Asia-Pacific – 18%, Rest of the World – 10%
The key companies profiled in this report are BASF SE (Germany), Celanese Corporation (U.S.), Cytec Solvay (U.S.), Du Pont (U.S.), Gurit Holding Ag (Switzerland), Quickstep Holdings Limited (Australia), Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabia), SGL Group (Germany), Teijin Ltd. (Japan), Tencate (Netherlands), Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), and Toray Industries Inc. (Japan).
Scope of the report:
The carbon thermoplastics market has been covered in detail in this report. The current market size and forecasts have also been included in the report. The market is segmented on the basis of resin type as polyamide (PA), polypropylene (PP), polyphenylene sulfide (PPS), polyetherimide (PEI), polyether ether ketone (PEEK), and polycarbonate (PC). The market is also segmented on the basis of application as exterior (which includes body-in-white, hood, roof, door, fenders, front-end, deck lid, and others), interior (seating, dashboard, and others), chassis (suspensions, wheels, and others), and powertrain & UTH. The regions that are considered for the study are North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the carbon thermoplastics market in automotive; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on carbon thermoplastics in automotive industry offered by the top players in the global carbon thermoplastics market in automotive
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the carbon thermoplastics market in automotive
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for carbon thermoplastics market in automotive across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global carbon thermoplastics market in automotive
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global carbon thermoplastics market in automotive
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04186196-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carbon-thermoplastic-market-in-automotive-by-resin-type-and-application---global-forecast-to-2021-300336985.html