LAS VEGAS, July 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Coming from as far as China and Australia, more than 8,000 attendees will participate in Cardinal Health's annual Retail Business Conference (RBC) at the Venetian Hotel & Convention Center in Las Vegas from July 22-25, 2015. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the conference, which will celebrate the progress independent pharmacists have made in the last quarter of a century. Attendees will network with pharmacy owners from across the country and discover ways to be better 'positioned to win' in today's ever-changing health care environment.
"Every day, independent pharmacy owners are challenged to find new ways to improve their financial health and efficiency, while ensuring patient care is their top priority," said Steve Lawrence, senior vice president of Independent Sales for Cardinal Health. "This year, we recognize the 25th anniversary of RBC, and celebrate the work independent pharmacists do day in and day out to improve patient health in their communities, as we share new ideas and solutions to help them continue to serve as their communities' most trusted healthcare advisors."
RBC attendees network with their peers and identify buying opportunities from nearly 400 manufacturer, automation, software and pharmacy business vendors. With over 40 courses on topics that can help pharmacists and pharmacy owners improve their clinical and business operations, RBC also provides attendees with access to one of the industry's largest lineups of continuing education opportunities. In addition, Cardinal Health will highlight its broad array of solutions that help community pharmacies improve their businesses, and position themselves to win.
Highlights of RBC 2015:
- Motivational speakers General Colin L. Powell, USA (Ret.) and NFL legend Jim Kelly will share their stories on how to take charge in leadership, and how to persevere and overcome obstacles.
- RBC's annual Independent Pharmacy Best Practices will honor pharmacies that have implemented exceptional programs that demonstrate how independent pharmacies can improve patient outcomes, drive business results in their community, and be better "positioned to win" today, and in the future. The winners will each receive $3,500 from Cardinal Health to be donated to the pharmacy school or pharmacy association of their choice.
- Camp Cardinal Health -- because Cardinal Health knows that community pharmacy is often a family affair, the company offers a children's program at RBC, which welcomes children ages 3–17 for four full days of activities. Children will participate in age-appropriate activities and on-site excursions, including a visit to the Las Vegas Natural History Museum, arts and crafts projects, activities and games.
- Cardinal Health's Women in Pharmacy initiative will host its fourth annual Women in Pharmacy Boot Camp, Saturday, July 25 from 8:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to connect female pharmacists and pharmacy students with pharmacy owners, with the goal of providing female pharmacists with the resources, support and inspiration they need to start, manage and grow independent pharmacies.
- Opportunities to learn from other pharmacists through several networking and peer-to-peer activities, including the Consumer Health Retail Academy, where attendees can stop by to discuss their own and learn from their peers' pharmacy best practices.
- To foster best practice sharing among pharmacists, Cardinal Health is also hosting three panel sessions with different pharmacists speaking about their successful business, front-end and wellness programs.
About the Cardinal Health Retail Business Conference (RBC)
The Cardinal Health Retail Business Conference (RBC), held July 22-25 in Las Vegas, provides independent pharmacists and pharmacy franchise owners with the opportunity to network with and learn from thousands of their peers from across the nation, while gaining new insights to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their businesses. The annual event provides independent pharmacy owners, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and other pharmacy industry professionals across the United States with access to pharmaceutical manufacturers, buying opportunities, continuing education sessions and programs to help pharmacists reduce costs and improve patient care and efficiency. For more information, visit www.CardinalHealth.com/RBC or use #RBCWin on Twitter.
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $91 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Cardinal Health is an essential link in the health care supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products and services to more than 100,000 locations each day and is also the industry-leading direct-to-home medical supplies distributor. The company is a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company operates the nation's largest network of radiopharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ranked #26 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs 34,000 people worldwide. More information about the company may be found at www.cardinalhealth.com and @CardinalHealth on Twitter.
SOURCE Cardinal Health