MCHENRY, Ill., March 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- In today's fast-paced world it seems like everyone could benefit from more efficiency to ensure that money and time spent is put toward doing the things they love. As a part of National Consumer Protection Week, a week dedicated to helping people make well-informed monetary decisions, Cartridge World, a global franchise network and recognized leader in printers, printer services and cartridges in addition to business services and solutions, is sharing its insights on the best practices to effectively manage common printer malfunctions.
When it comes to printer services and advice for both the home and office customer, Cartridge World's network of more than 300 stores are the local experts who take the time to understand the specific needs of each customer. This March 4 - 10, Cartridge World is taking the opportunity to educate Americans on ways to efficiently manage printing issues to help consumers save both time and money.
- Ask Yourself the Right Questions from the Start: By asking yourself questions that help you make an educated decision on printer purchases, consumers can save themselves a lot of time in the long run. Most people want the best value, while still having a printer that works efficiently and will not need to be replaced frequently. Before you jump the gun and pick the first printer you see, ask yourself questions like:
- What is my budget?
- Will I be printing in color?
- How much printing will I be doing?
- Use the Right Printer: After asking yourself the questions above, matching a printer that meets your needs is much easier. It is important to note color inkjet printers are not designed for printing hundreds of black-and-white pages. For high-volume type printing, it is best to use a mono laser printer and high-yield toner cartridges in order to double your printing output at almost half the price.
- Choose an alternative to expensive cartridges – Many consumers and small businesses alike are losing money by buying expensive printer brand ink and toner. Discover the alternative to this wasteful spending by taking the Color Challenge - an online challenge where participants guess as to whether or not they can even tell the difference between an image which was printed using expensive printer brand toner or alternative color toner and if they cannot, why pay up to 30% more?
"As the global leader in providing printers, cartridges and business services, Cartridge World is dedicated to ensuring the time and energy of businesses and consumers are not wasted," said Mark Pinner, CEO of Cartridge World North America. "Through offering premium products and services, all at a reasonable cost, we are fulfilling our promise of making the lives of customers easier, simpler and more efficient."
In 2003, Cartridge World opened its first store in the United States and now has over 300 stores in North America and over 600 worldwide in 30 countries. With its sights set on adding nearly 3,000 stores to its system by 2019, Cartridge World is looking to expand its presence and clearly define itself as the global leader in ink and toner cartridge sales, printers, printing supplies, and printer maintenance for home and office customers.
About Cartridge World
Cartridge World is the global leader in high-quality cartridges, printers, printer services and advice for both the home and office customer. Stores offer customers a tremendous cost-saving alternative to printing, offering a 30-percent discount over full-priced OEM cartridges and a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee. Cartridge World has more than 1,000 franchised retail locations in over 50 countries. Cartridge World was recently ranked on Entrepreneur Magazine's 2016 Franchise 500 list and No. 78 on Franchise Direct's list of the Top 100 Global Franchises and listed by the Silicon Review as one of the '50 Most Admired Companies' of 2016.
Fishman Public Relations
847.945.1300 Ext. 258
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cartridge-world-offers-solutions-to-effectively-manage-printing-issues-during-national-consumer-protection-week-300607265.html
SOURCE Cartridge World