MCHENRY, Ill., Nov. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to running a small businesses, technology troubles aren't just bound to occur – their guaranteed. Whether it's due to a lack of an IT department or the result of just getting a small business off the ground, technology catastrophes can be frequent and frustrating. In an effort to help small business owners reduce common tech mistakes, Cartridge World, a global franchise network and recognized leader in printers, printer services and cartridges, is offering their top insights for tech success.
Whether it be optimizing your printer settings or installing protective firewall, Cartridge World's network of more than 300 stores are known as the local experts here to help. By taking the time to understand each customer's specific needs, Cartridge World seeks to help consumers save both time and money.
- Upgrade Your Wi-Fi – Nothing is as frustrating as a Wi-Fi crash when sending an important email, giving a presentation, uploading important documents, etc. Upgrading your Wi-Fi is one of the simplest ways to take office technology to the next level and ensure less hiccups. Furthermore, place routers as close to computers as possible for optimal strength and speed.
- Invest in a Multi-Function Printer – Whatever the function of a small business, odds are printing, scanning and copying documents are taking place, and there is no need to have three different machines to handle each of these tasks. Invest in a multi-function printer to have all this functionality in one device while increasing efficiency and saving space.
- Explore Money-Saving Options: Small businesses can further explore budget-saving printer options such as Cartridge World's 'Why Buy A Printer?" program to ensure quality equipment while not breaking the bank. This program allows for companies to receive a business class printer(s) and multifunction devices with all printer maintenance and on-site service included at no additional cost in exchange for the
- Increase Security Firewall – Most small businesses have anti-virus software, but the protection shouldn't stop there. With one in three Americans hacked in the past year, it's now more important than ever to protect your business. To keep sensitive work documents and communications safe, add different smart internet firewalls to your space to help ensure safety.
- Evaluate Laptops/Desktops– The average lifespan for desktops and laptops are painfully short (three to eight years for a desktop, two to five years for a laptop). If a desktop/laptop hasn't been upgraded, is slow, lacking space to store files and is a hassle to install the latest software, it's most likely time to invest in a new system.
- Invest in a Backup Drive – To ensure the safety and protection of important documents, operating systems and programs, invest in a backup drive to give your small business piece of mind. Be sure to keep this equipment up to date as this vital tool does have a finite lifespan.
"At Cartridge World, we understand that running a small business is no easy task, which is why we want to help owners and entrepreneurs any way we can," said Mark Pinner, CEO of Cartridge World North America. "With technology now a vital part of running a business, Cartridge's Worlds experienced and impartial staff is committed to helping owners and employees prevent complex tech issues from occurring, but are ready to be of assistance when they do."
In 2003, Cartridge World opened its first store in the United States and now has over 300 stores in North America and over 600 worldwide in 30 countries. With its sights set on adding nearly 3,000 stores to its system by 2019, Cartridge World is looking to expand its presence and clearly define itself as the global leader in ink and toner cartridge sales, printers, printing supplies, and printer maintenance for home and office customers
To learn more about Cartridge World, visit: www.cartridgeworld.com .
About Cartridge World
Cartridge World is the global leader in high-quality cartridges, printers, printer services and advice for both the home and office customer. Stores offer customers a tremendous cost-saving alternative to printing, offering a 30-percent discount over full-priced OEM cartridges and a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee. Cartridge World has more than 600 franchised retail locations in over 30 countries. Cartridge World was recently ranked on Entrepreneur Magazine's 2016 Franchise 500 list and No. 78 on Franchise Direct's list of the Top 100 Global Franchises and listed by the Silicon Review as one of the '50 Most Admired Companies' of 2016.
Fishman Public Relations
SOURCE Cartridge World