NEW ORLEANS, May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The best way to honor a "Number 1 Dad" this Father's Day is with an award-winning Canadian whisky that's been ranked number one several times since its launch.
Caribou Crossing is the world's first single barrel Canadian whisky and makes for an ideal Father's Day gift, already packaged in an elegant gift box.
The whisky is aged in barrels hand-selected from Sazerac's Canadian Whisky maker Drew Mayville, who chooses the most mature and flavor-rich samples available and oversees the bottling of each barrel.
Let dad know how much thought and discrimination was put into his gift by treating him to Caribou Crossing's award-winning taste, which can be described as radiantly-hued nectar with a nod to the tantalizing silky texture provided by the barrel. The rye grain cuts through the wood flavors making its spicy presence known without risking the creamy vanilla custard smoothness. The finish is oak with an orangey tang.
Since its release in 2010, Caribou Crossing has won numerous awards setting this whisky apart from the competition, including:
- Chairman's Trophy Finalist, Tried & True award winner and "91" rating at the 2014 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- A "93" rating from John Hansell at The Whisky Advocate
- Silver medal in the 2013 and 2014 Spirits of the Americas competition
- Double gold medal at the 2010 and 2014 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Chairman's Trophy and "93" rating at the 2013 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- Silver medal at the 2013 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Chairman's Trophy and "92" rating at the 2012 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- Gold medal at the 2012 Los Angeles International Wine and Spirits Competition
- Silver medal at the 2012 and 2013 New York World Wine and Spirits Competition
- Gold medal and "90" rating meaning "exceptional" from Tastings.com (Beverage Testing Institute)
- Silver medals and best in class at the 2010, 2011 and 2012 International Wine and Spirits Competition
- Silver medal at the Los Angeles International Wine and Spirits Competition
- "2010 Canadian Whisky of the Year" by canadianwhisky.org
Caribou Crossing retails for $49.99 for a 750 ml.
About The Sazerac Company
Sazerac is one of New Orleans' oldest family owned, privately held companies and has operations in New Orleans, Louisiana; Frankfort, Bardstown, Louisville and Owensboro, Kentucky; Fredericksburg, Virginia; Carson, California; Baltimore, Maryland; Lewiston, Maine; Londonderry, New Hampshire, and Montreal, Canada. For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com.
SOURCE Sazerac Company