LOS ANGELES, May 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a recent survey conducted by premier specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet, 59 percent of respondents said that they go camping and 31 percent said that hiking and/or camping is their favorite summer activity. June is officially National Camping Month; here just in time to kick-start the season. As the weather heats up, there are a number of essential items that both the veteran and first-time camper should pack during the summer months.
"Camping is an activity that you can enjoy year-round when weather and travel conditions permit, but summer is the optimal time to enjoy the outdoors," said Sport Chalet Expert Tonya Bray. "For the avid camper, regularly upgrading gear is a great way to enhance your experience. New technology provides lighter weight, improved efficiency and more relevant features for the modern outdoors lover. If you are a first-time camper and are unsure of which products to purchase, Sport Chalet offers various rental options and specialty services to help customize your experience."
Bray provides a selection of gear recommendations to ensure the next camping trip is a success.
- No camping trip is complete without a tent! After the campfire dies down, The North Face Kaiju 4 Tent provides a spacious interior with room for four people to fully stand and a well-designed exterior to protect the family from wind or sun. Whether renting or buying, be sure to setup the tent in store to ensure preparedness on the campground.
- The The North Face Dolomite Sleeping Bag features Heatseeker Eco insulation to stay warm on chilly nights, and it can unzip to be used as a campground blanket. If renting a sleeping bag, a sleeping bag liner will keep the bag clean and stave off summer bugs.
- Don't wake up with a sore neck or back from the uneven ground. The Thermarest MondoKing Mattress makes it easy to get comfy with four inches of thick ultra-responsive foam and a soft fabric shell.
- Sit around the campfire or watch the sun rise in the comfortable, two-person Kelty Low-Love Chair, equipped with bottle openers, adjustable arms and beverage holders. If trees are nearby, hang the spacious, high-strength Grand Trunk Double Parachute Nylon Hammock and bask in the sun.
- Navigate the campgrounds at night without a heavy, clunky lantern. The pocket-sized LED Black Diamond Orbit Lantern offers near-360-degree bright lighting and has a dimming function for personalized light levels.
- Whether grilling a fish caught in the lake that day or frying up some bacon brought from home, it can all be done on the Camp Chef, which comes with a grill, griddle and a two burner stove.
- Enjoy a nice cup of coffee while embracing the outdoors with the safe, easy-to-carry Jetboil Flash Cooking System that boils water within two minutes for beverage and cooking needs.
- Be prepared for possible cuts and scrapes with the light-weight Adventure Medical Kit, which has enough bandages, medications, gauze and tape for four people for up to four days.
- Camping doesn't have to be primitive with the Goal Zero Yeti Solar Generator Kit. Equipped with multiple ports, the whole group can power essential devices and appliances with ease.
For more information on Sport Chalet's selection of camping gear, rental or specialty services, or to find the nearest Sport Chalet store, visit www.sportchalet.com. For additional media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 51 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet