NASHVILLE, April 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Nashville Sounds fans will find new favorites alongside plenty of traditional ballpark classics when First Tennessee Park opens today. Centerplate, the hospitality partner to the Nashville Sounds, will welcome fans with a range of new food and beverage options to make a trip to the ballpark an exciting dining destination.
Great local and national brands, family-friendly service, premium Club and Suite dining, and a vibrant outfield bar and entertainment scene promise a whole new experience at Sounds games.
"We are extremely excited to welcome fans to an entirely new guest experience at First Tennessee Park," said Sounds owner Frank Ward. "Working with long-time partner and hospitality provider, Centerplate, to create a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience has led to great local offerings and a vibrant atmosphere worthy of this great city and our exceptional fans."
Highlighting the new culinary offerings on the concourse are:
- Music City Grill offers up a signature Tennessee Chow Chow Pork Chop Sandwich along with burgers, steak sandwiches, chicken tenders, and fries.
- Smokehouse BBQ, a sure pick for the hungry, has BBQ pork sandwiches or nachos, the signature "4 Bagger"—four house-smoked chicken legs smothered in tangy BBQ sauce—plus "Loaded" tots and garlic fries.
- Sulphur Dell Slices gives fans the option to pick up a "hunk" of Hunt Brothers cheese or pepperoni pizza—or even a whole pie—plus wings, waffle fries, hot dogs and brats, and the usual variety of essential snacks.
- Hot or Not Chicken on the 3rd base side offers Pepperfire Hot Chicken Sandwiches and Tenders with waffle fries ("Not Hot" Chicken Tenders are also available), plus "Loaded Waffle Fries" smothered in Vietti Chili and cheese, topped with sour cream.
- The Band Box, a 4,000 square-foot outdoor bar and restaurant featuring a craft beer selection, specialty cocktails like the grapefruit-vodka slushies and frozen Jack-and-Coke alongside a selection of great pub food, developed in partnership with the Nashville-based firm Strategic Hospitality.
"We really can't wait to open up the new season at a great new park, on a site with such a rich history and local tradition," said Executive Vice President Sal Ferullo. "The team and our local partners have been the focal point of our hospitality program, and we feel fans will get a taste of a great experience that only Nashville can offer."
Centerplate is a leader in live event hospitality, "Making It Better To Be There®" for guests at First Tennessee Park and Music City Center in Nashville. The company proudly serves more than 115 million guests each year at more than 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America, Europe and the United Kingdom, and has provided event hospitality services to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 22 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com or connect via Twitter @centerplate or Facebook /centerplate.