STAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, the largest hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, announced today a series of new menu concepts, facility improvements and environmental initiatives for the San Diego Padres 2011 Spring Training at the Peoria Sports Complex, in Peoria, Arizona.
"We are proud to partner with the Padres to serve their fans throughout Spring Training in Peoria, Arizona," said Scott Marshall, Centerplate's Senior Vice President responsible for the parks. "We are eager to unveil our engaging new concepts tailored specifically for these great fans."
Notable new items for the Padres Spring Training season include:
- The largest popcorn serving available in the Cactus League -- 130 oz perfect for a family to share.
- A new children's meal-- The Lil' Slugger Combo, which includes a kid-sized hot dog, animal crackers and a juice box all presented in a souvenir, keepsake bucket.
- Fresh, hand-tossed pizza prepared by expert pie-makers from local pizzeria, Prime Pizza.
- A menu of West coast micro brews including Mirror Pond, Sierra Nevada, Red Hook and Widmer are also added to the line-up.
- Additionally, the ballpark's signature "Ruthian Dog" will be available throughout the stadium. A half pound, foot long hot dog, smothered in Chili and Onions with refreshing premium Jose Cuervo margaritas.
Centerplate will continue to partner with the team to offer fans the popular $2 hot dog promotion every Wednesday of Spring Training and will also continue the Family Four Pack value promotion which includes four tickets, four hot dogs and four small sodas at a discounted price.
In addition to these new menu offerings, Centerplate will increase the number of service locations throughout the ballpark. This will allow fans to appreciate speedier service and have more convenient access to the enhanced menu offerings. A new bar location in the outfield also adds a new dimension to enjoy the game, featuring in-house smoked barbecue and the fan favorite Baja Fish Taco.
To complement its culinary and facility introductions, the company has also initiated a series of enhancements to its service training and experience assurance initiatives. Centerplate's training program, which has been completely revamped and re-launched as Centerplate University, is based on a series of training sessions that provides our service team the foundation to succeed. In addition to functional training, the program includes a significant focus on food safety, responsible service of alcohol, and the principles and behaviors of gracious guest service for a better fan experience.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in 250 prominent sports, entertainment and convention venues across North America. Centerplate has provided services to 12 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, Art Basel Miami Beach, 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com.