DES MOINES, Iowa, April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, the largest hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, announced today a series of new menu concepts, facility improvements and service enhancements for the Iowa Cubs 2011 Season at Principal Park.
"The opening of the baseball season is the most exciting time of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing the result of everyone's hard work in putting together the 2011 baseball season," said Sam Bernabe, President and General Manager of the Iowa Cubs. "Based on the success we enjoyed last year, we are looking forward to the success of all the new and exciting items we have to offer to our fans."
Fans will have several new concepts to enjoy this season. Centerplate's chef created new items include:
- The Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Chicken - grilled chicken breast simmered with artichoke hearts, mushrooms, baby spinach and tomatoes served over roasted mashed potatoes
- Bison Burger - buffalo burger pattie with pepper jack cheese, tomato, lettuce and pickle served on a Kaiser bun
- Philly Nacho helmet - half pound of thin-sliced steak, white cheddar cheese sauce topped over nacho chips with salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos inside an Iowa Cubs helmet.
- Roasted Peanut Helmet – souvenir helmet featuring shelled peanuts
- Stu's Hot Wings – freshly-prepared traditional wings
- Gluten-Free Pizza - 7" personal pizza topped with sauce and cheese
Fan Appreciation and Special Promotions
As part of the Cubs fan appreciation program, Dollar Days will be held which consist of Dollar Soda, Dollar Popcorn, and Dollar Pretzels on May 2nd, May 23rd, and August 29th and Dollar Hot Dogs days on April 19th, May 25th, June 27th, July 18th, and August 31st.
Guest Services Enhancements
In addition to new menu offerings and promotions, fans will also enjoy a renovated new main concourse and a newly added beer garden, The beer garden will serve Guinness on tap and house a Bottoms Up unit, an invention that fills a beer glass from the bottom, in addition to traditional beers.
To complement its culinary and design additions, the company has also initiated a series of enhancements to its service training and experience assurance initiatives. Centerplate's training program, which has been completely revamped and re-launched for this season as Centerplate University, is based on a series of training sessions that reinforces the principles and behaviors of gracious guest service for a better fan experience.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in 250 prominent sports, entertainment and convention venues across North America. Centerplate has provided services to 12 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, Art Basel Miami Beach, 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com.