STAMFORD, Conn., Sept. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- With the new football season set to begin today, Centerplate – hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues – has announced an array of new culinary concepts, facility improvements and environmental initiatives for its partner NFL teams. The high-quality food offerings this season include popular local restaurant concepts and bold new menu items.
"For us, there is no offseason," said Chris Verros, Centerplate President and CEO. "We think tirelessly about how to enhance the in-person experience for the guests we serve, and it is exciting to have our ideas come to life. It's all about the excitement, the atmosphere, the quality of the food and providing lasting memories for our guests who are there live to soak it all in."
The latest in-stadium offerings implement a wide range of design solutions. Amongst the new changes:
- Celebrity chef David Chang's Fuku chicken sandwiches are now available in the stadium
- Miami fans at Hard Rock Stadium can now enjoy pancakes from Fort Lauderdale's famed O-B House. Located in section 146, it will serve eight-inch oven-baked buttermilk pancakes in plain, blueberry, and andouille sausage and corn, making home games South Florida's hottest new brunch spot
- Newly created fan favorites from the Centerplate culinary team: jalapeño popper grilled cheese, buffalo wing fries, BBQ tater tots and the "305" roast pork wrap, fried to golden perfection
- Other new additions include local favorites Coyo Taco, Los Ranchos and Jackson Soul Food in addition to welcoming back Grown, Shula Burger and Sushi Maki
- Hard Rock Stadium will introduce three additional premium craft offerings within the Tap Rooms to round out a diverse Florida lineup; these seasonal crafts will rotate throughout the year, providing guests the freshest and finest local product available in the Miami area
- These selections are in addition to sixteen Florida craft selections in bottles, along with another 18 domestic craft brews, including two gluten-free craft beers
- These Tap Rooms also boast six ciders from around the U.S., and offer an amazing selection of 56 of the finest brews from Florida and around the nation
San Francisco 49ers
- The Centerplate team at Levi's Stadium, in partnership with the 49ers, reviewed over 132,000 pieces of fan feedback in the offseason
- New food trucks are now programmed by Off the Grid in Faithful Mile, while Starbird Chicken, Shalimar Restaurant, and Red Rooster Tacos are now on the general concourse to offer unique local menu items
- All-inclusive areas will now feature Frobot (the original robotic frozen yogurt), Oren's Hummus Shop (the Bay Area's most authentic cuisine and most loved hummus), and The Organic Coup (America's first USDA Certified Organic fast food restaurant serving crispy fried sandwiches and wraps)
- Among the new standalone items are the Dungeness Crab Sandwich and the Dolce Gold Explosion Pizza with a house-made Calabria sauce
- The new lineup, along with new improvements to the rooftop herb garden, makes for one of the most compelling gastronomic experiences in the NFL
- A new United In Orange 2.0 Pale Ale offering for fans, in collaboration with the local Breckenridge Brewery, makes for an instant Mile High favorite. Brewed with orange juice and orange peel, it is moderately hopped to provide balance to the sweetness. Fans can find it on tap on each level of the stadium and in the signature Breckenridge Brewery bar in the South Stands
- The new half-pound Blitz Burger features locally sourced beef from Colorado's Gold Canyon Ranch and is topped with American cheese and a freshly prepared house-made "United in Orange" Bacon Onion Jam created in collaboration with Breckenridge Brewery
- Enhancing the popular pizza line-up, two new pizza toppings—Colorado green chili chicken and pork sausage—have been added to the menu
- In collaboration with Breckenridge Brewery, each new trio of tacos comes complete with a choice of beef barbacoa or seasoned chicken, cilantro-lime aioli, pickled onion, fresh jalapenos and a new "United in Orange Pale Ale" pickled slaw
- In addition, new healthy options have been added to the menu and include: Gluten Free Vegetable Snack Trays, a Gluten Free Turkey Hoagie and Specialty Entrée Salads
- The new offerings for Colts fans feature a mix of Indianapolis favorites as well as new creative items that provide a top-notch culinary experience for the home crowd and visitors alike
- Highlights include mini tacos loaded with a choice of fresh beef, chicken, or vegetables
- There will also be an expanded slate of Johnsonville hot and spicy sausages and a new pulled BBQ chicken or beef sandwich
- There is also now a turkey burger topped with coleslaw on a soft pretzel bun and also quesadilla egg rolls
- Crowd favorites – like the loaded tater tots and chicken panini – return, as well
New Orleans Saints
- A new slate of wing options are now available for Saints fans – including Thai Chili, BBQ, Ranch, Garlic Parmesan and Orange Chipotle BBQ
- New wrap stands will feature four different offerings – Reuben, Southwestern Shrimp, Bacon & Ham Jam, Curry Chicken Salad – and a special wrap that changes for each game
- A fresh spin on the BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwich will feature delicious brisket cooked between two grilled cheese sandwiches and topped with crispy onions
- Expanded Eat Fit NOLA offerings are spread throughout the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for more lean and healthy options
Fans can find out more about the new additions this season, and much more, at www.centerplate.com.
Centerplate is a global leader in live event hospitality, "Making It Better To Be There®" for more than 116 million guests each year at more than 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America, Europe and the United Kingdom. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to more than 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 14 Super Bowls and 22 World Series. Visit the company online at Centerplate.com, connect via Twitter @centerplate, Instagram @Centerplate_ or Facebook.com/centerplate.