NEW YORK, July 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CEO Connection, the only membership organization exclusively for mid-market CEOs, announces the release of the 2015 Mid-Market 500 and 1000 lists. The lists rank the top mid-market companies in the U.S. by their gross revenue (defined as having annual revenues between $100 million and $3 billion). Comprised of nearly 20,000 publicly and privately held companies, the mid-market represents an integral piece of the U.S. economy, employing more than 30 million people and generating approximately $10 trillion of the $30 trillion of annual gross receipts.
Taking this year's #1 spot is Vulcan Materials Company, followed closely by Service Corporation International, which jumped to the #2 rank from the #100 position in 2014. CME Group Inc., Brown-Forman Corporation, Tempur-Sealy International Inc., and Steelcase Inc. rounded out the top five.
Mid-Market Top 10 List:
- Vulcan Materials Company (AL)
- Service Corporation International (TX)
- CME Group Inc. (IL)
- Brown-Forman Corporation (KY)
- Tempur Sealy International Inc. (KY)
- Steelcase Inc. (MI)
- Bose Corporation (MA)
- Sprouts Farmers Market, LLC (AZ)
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (TX)
- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. (NC)
There were 187 "new to the list" companies in the 2015 Mid-Market 1000, including #4 Brown-Forman Corporation, #8 Sprouts Farmers Market, LLC, and #13 Arch Coal, Inc. The top industry represented on the 2015 list is Industrial Equipment & Machinery, representing a significant change from the top industry of 2014 which was IT Consulting Services. California and Texas have the most ranked companies for the second year in a row. Within the top 500, Illinois has emerged to third place over New York. The top 1,000 includes companies with revenue from $747 million to $2.994 million. See: http://www.midmarketrankings.com/.
KMPG, a partner of the 2015 Mid-Market Convention, noted in a recent survey trends pointing "to several macro-economic factors facilitating M&A activity in the coming year," explained Dan Tiemann, KPMG's National Leader, Transactions & Restructuring. He added, "With growing consumer confidence, favorable credit markets, and limited prospects for organic growth, U.S. companies and sponsors are very comfortable using their balance sheet cash and private equity dry powder to achieve growth through acquisitions." Conditions that made 2014 auspicious for the middle-market are expected to continue, including a growing economy and confidence among C-suite executives.
The Mid-Market lists are published in advance of the 2015 Mid-Market Convention, referred to as the "Davos for the Mid-Market," wherein the top 1000 companies are recognized. This exclusive global gathering features hundreds of CEOs, political leaders, business experts, and presidential candidates.
The Convention will be held October 18-21 at The Wharton School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to identify actionable items from the mid-market perspective that will help provide individual opportunities to mid-market companies.See www.midmarketconvention.com/registration.
The 2015 agenda includes:
- Connecting Veterans to Success program which challenges Mid-Market Companies to hire 100,000 veterans by the year 2020;
- New Innovation Committee and Angel Investment Network Business Plan Showcase to connect mid-market CEOs seeking to invest in disruptive innovation with cutting-edge entrepreneurs seeking capital, board members
- 2015 Mid-Market Awards: exceptional leaders in four categories - Mid-Market Company of the Year, Mid-Market CEO of the Year, Mid-Market Rising Star, Mid-Market Social Impact Award
- State of the Mid-Market forum, highlighting 2015 Mid-Market 500 honorees
- The inaugural Most Influential Women of the Mid-Market list, honoring women with power to influence innovation and standards for excellence
- Mid-Market College Internship program
- The Wharton Executive Education class, "Innovation: Creating, Selecting, and Developing Exceptional Opportunities."
ABOUT CEO CONNECTION:
Founded in 2005 by C-level Wharton executives, CEO Connection is the only membership organization in the world focused exclusively on mid-market CEOs and uniquely designed to champion the mid-market perspective in the global marketplace. The mission of CEO Connection is to help mid-market CEOs and their companies succeed by connecting them to each other; to people, information and resources to which they would otherwise not have access; and promoting the interests, welfare, and points of view of the mid-market. Visit www.ceoconnection.com; Twitter @ceoconnection #midmarketceo.
MEDIA: For more information or to schedule interviews with speakers, executives, founders or sponsors, contact: Email.
Melanie Howard, Email, (303) 741-2904
SOURCE CEO Connection