SAN FRANCISCO, January 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global cervical cancer treatment market size is expected to reach USD 10.6 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to record a CAGR of 5.0% over the forecast period. Increased treatment penetration and rising disease incidence are projected to drive the market growth over the next few years. Although, sexually transmitted HPV is a major cause, the disease can also be triggered by other factors, such as oral contraceptives, multiple sexual partners, smoking, and HIV infection. There are more than 100 strains of HPV, 13 of which are high-risk or cancerous. Squamous cell carcinoma is the most common type and it accounts for nearly 85% of the overall cases.
The differentiation between squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma is based on the histology, as observed under the microscope. Cervical adenosquamous carcinoma is rare, involving a mixture of squamous and glandular tissues. Products for cervical cancer can be broadly classified into prevention and treatment. Preventive options involve vaccines against HPV. Currently, there are two commercial vaccines - Gardasil and Cervarix. Treatment options include biologics, such as Avastin and generics like topotecan, cisplatin, bleomycin, fluorouracil, paclitaxel, carboplatin, and doxorubicin. The development of targeted therapeutics with improved efficacy and reduced cost remains a key unmet need of this market. Nevertheless, expanding focus on the research and development in oncology, including cervical cancer, indicate a promising future for this market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Cervical Cancer Treatment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (SCC, Adenocarcinoma), By Product (Prevention, Treatment), By Distribution Channel (Online, Hospital Pharmacies), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cervical-cancer-treatment-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- HPV affects nearly 95% of all cervical cancer cases. HPV strains 16 and 18 account for nearly 70% of all cases reported
- Nearly three-fourth of all cases occur in developing and underdeveloped regions (mostly, in Asia and Africa), where healthcare facilities are limited and awareness about diagnosis and treatment is low
- North America was the dominant region in the global cervical cancer treatment market and is expected to continue its dominance over the estimated period
- This growth is attributed to growing target population patient, increasing market penetration of drugs, and easy accessibility to advanced treatments
- Some of the key companies in the market include F. Hoffmann-LA Roche AG; Merck & Co., Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline PLC; Allergan PLC; Pfizer, Inc.; Biocon Ltd.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; AstraZeneca PLC; and Eli Lilly & Co.
- Merck & Co. led the competitive space and is likely to continue to be the largest shareholder due to strong commercial performances of Gardasil and Keytruda
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Antipsychotic Drugs Market - The global antipsychotic drugs market size was valued at USD 11.7 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.1% over the forecast period.
- Biologics Market - The global biologics market size was valued at USD 276.6 billion in 2015.
- Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Therapeutics Market - The global Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) therapeutics market size was valued at USD 6.2 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow with CAGR of 7.5% over the forecast period.
- Medical Foods Market - The global medical foods market size was valued at USD 12.3 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 6.9% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global cervical cancer treatment market on the basis of type, product, distribution channel, and region:
- Cervical Cancer Treatment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC)
- Adenosquamous Carcinoma
- Cervical Cancer Treatment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Cervical Cancer Treatment Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Cervical Cancer Treatment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.