TORONTO, Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Changepoint, a leading provider of solutions for project portfolio management (PPM), enterprise portfolio management (EPM) and professional services automation (PSA), today released a lineup of updates to Daptiv PPM featuring powerful 360-Degree Resource Planning. Enterprises using Daptiv PPM can now assess project and portfolio resources from a holistic viewpoint, gaining invaluable line of sight into true resource demand.
Strategic resource planning has long been a cornerstone of Daptiv PPM. Traditionally, resource plans were built using a top-down capacity-planning process designed to define project resource demands. Daptiv PPM 360-Degree Resource Planning not only provides this top-down view, but goes beyond to deliver bottom-up resource planning.
"Daptiv PPM's 360-Degree Resource Planning offers project leaders new levels of visibility into their true resource demand by directly connecting resource plans and project schedules, then reconciling them with current task assignments," said Mark Upson, President of Changepoint. "This full-spectrum approach gives project managers a powerful tool for supporting the successful alignment and prioritization of project work against broader strategic business objectives."
PMOs using Daptiv PPM can now iterate on resource planning in real-time and begin demand forecasting, which allows them to be more effective in utilizing their available pool of people and skills—making them more nimble from a business perspective. The latest update to Daptiv PPM by Changepoint goes beyond providing new levels of transparency with resource management. It delivers customers a new, easy-to-use interface with the latest in administrative control features through a lineup of capabilities including:
- A new and modern interface: This sets a new standard for usability across SaaS-based PPM applications assuring quick user adoption and regular engagement, which ensures strong results in optimizing project execution across the business.
- Clean, responsive menu design supports the data-intensive needs of enterprises by improving and standardizing the user experience across PC, tablets, and smartphones.
- Device agnosticism lets customers seamlessly use the application on the device that's convenient for them in the moment, moving from device to device without restrictions.
- Data comparisons are now easier than ever before with new, flexible functionality that lets users set up views and tabs in whatever way works best for them. Customers have accurate, timely data at their fingertips, increasing their productivity and empowering better strategic decision-making.
- Improved notifications: System emails, or notifications, have a new look, and administrators have increased control. Users can now choose which notifications are most relevant based on job role, they can customize notifications by adding comments, and can select between HTML and plain text formats.
- Impersonation capability: Created in direct response to customer requests, the Daptiv PPM impersonate capability uses the appropriate permissions to emulate a user. With this feature in place, administrators can quickly and easily support users without requiring their password.
To explore ways to take your PPM insights up a notch using the Changepoint Business Execution Management Platform, visit: www.changepoint.com.
Changepoint provides recognized market-leading solutions in Business Execution Management (BEM), including Project Portfolio Management (PPM), Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM), and Professional Services Automation (PSA), with comprehensive and flexible delivery options that meet the diverse needs of customers of all sizes. With Changepoint it's easier to make smarter business decisions, accelerate innovation, and adapt to today's changing market and competitive conditions. Thousands of organizations worldwide—large and small—count on Changepoint solutions every day to achieve better business outcomes. Changepoint maintains operations in North America, Latin America, EMEA, and APAC, and services customers across six continents. For more information, visit: www.changepoint.com. For live updates: Follow /Connect.