LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Chinese Restaurant News announced today the Top10 Chinese restaurants in the country. The winning restaurants received the Overall Excellence Award, the most coveted award amongst Chinese restaurateurs. The announcement was made at the 6th Annual Top100 Chinese Restaurants in the USA Awards show held at The Venetian in Las Vegas. Organized by Chinese Restaurant News, the Top100 Awards Show is a national event that recognizes, cultivates and preserves the best in Chinese cuisine.
Celebrity chefs including Lee Anne Wong, a former contestant on the popular Bravo television show "Top Chef," and Master Chef Martin Yan, host of the award-winning national cooking show "Yan Can Cook," were on hand to announce the winners.
To qualify for the Overall Excellence Award, restaurants must be in business a minimum of two years, must receive positive industry or customer recognition, and at 50 percent of the menu must consist of Chinese related cuisine. The final results are tabulated with Mystery Diner's scores and direct votes from the general public. The top 100 highest-scoring restaurants achieve the Overall Excellence Award. These award-winning restaurants demonstrate the highest standards of cuisine, decor, service and cleanliness.
This year's Top10 Overall Excellence winners are:
- Ching's Table (New Canaan, CT) - A family-run regional chain, Ching's Table operates 12 locations in Connecticut and New York City. Chef and owner Alan Li and his partners also operate two locations in New York City named Wild Ginger. Chef Li has been in the restaurant business for more than 28 years.
- Bo Ling's (Kansas, MO) - A family chain named after its creators, Richard "Bo" and Theresa "Far Ling" Ng, Bo Ling's operates seven locations and has been in business for 28 years.
- Wang's King Seafood Restaurant (OR) - A family chain that operates six locations of its fine dining dim sum restaurants, Wang's King Seafood Restaurant has been in business for over 15 years.
- Mr. K's (NYC, NY) - Serving classic fine dining Chinese cuisine, this landmark Manhattan eatery owned by Johnny Kao and family has been in business for more than 30 years.
- Ana Mandara (San Francisco, CA) - A classic Asian fine dining eatery in San Francisco, Ana Mandara represents the Asian restaurant award category added this year.
- Seafood Village Chinese Cuisine (HI) - Specializing in Chinese, Japanese and Asian Fusion, this fine dining restaurant is located in the Hyatt Regency of Waikiki.
- Happy Harbor (Los Angeles, CA) - An upscale family restaurant serving Cantonese dim sum and seafood, Happy Harbor has been in business for more than four years.
- Chef Chu's (Los Altos, CA) - An upscale family dining restaurant that also offers fine dining catering, this landmark restaurant is located in Los Altos near Stanford University, and has operated under the ownership of chef and owner Lawrence C. C. Chu for over 40 years.
- Lao Szechuan (Chicago, IL) - An upscale family dining destination in Chicago's Chinatown, Lao Szechuan has become a landmark attraction to tourists. Chef and owner Tony Hu and his partners own and operate four locations.
- Zine Noodles Dim Sum (Las Vegas, NV) - An upscale family dining restaurant located in the Venetian Hotel and Casino, Zine Noodles & Dim Sum is presided over by Chef Simon Tu, a celebrated chef with more than 20 years of culinary experience.
Additionally, recognition was given to excellence in other categories, such as Best Value, Local Favorites, Top Green Restaurants, Top Asian Restaurants and Healthy Menus. For a comprehensive list for all the winners in these categories, visit http://www.top100chineserestaurants.com.
Chinese Restaurant News created the Top100 awards because it recognized that Chinese cuisine is a major part in the American culture. On an average day, Americans consume 2.5 million meals prepared in Chinese restaurants. Grossing more than $20 billion in annual sales with 45,000 Chinese eateries in the U.S., Chinese food has become a fixture of the American daily dining scene.
"From suburban buffets to high-end restaurants, Chinese cuisine has become as American as apple pie," said Betty Xie, editor-in-chief of Chinese Restaurant News. "With these awards, we acknowledge those restaurateurs who excel at the overall experience: exceptional food and magnificent service in beautiful restaurants. We salute all the winners of the Top100 in all categories."
The Top100 competition is open to all Chinese restaurants in the U.S. Participating restaurants include newly established restaurants, seasoned restaurants, chain restaurants and past award-winners. A complete list of the Top100 can be found at http://www.top100chineserestaurants.com.
About Chinese Restaurant News
Chinese Restaurant News (www.c-r-n.com) was founded in 1995 to inform the Chinese speaking owners and operators of over 45,600 Chinese restaurants in the U.S. of industry news and trends. CRN is published by parent company, Smart Business Services, Inc., a global media company that represents the Chinese-American community and business people involved with U.S.-China trade. (www.s-b-s.net).
For media inquiries, contact: Lisa Santwer or Maria Phelan 702.499-2405 (cell) or 702.606.3381 (cell) Jan-Ie Low (702)327-2628
SOURCE Chinese Restaurant News