NORWICH, N.Y., Nov. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Chobani, LLC, maker of America's #1 Greek Yogurt brand and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer in the U.S., today unveiled a major brand evolution in celebration of its 10th anniversary to commemorate its national distribution in 2008. To bring specialness and magic to the yogurt shelf and position the company for another decade of growth in yogurt and beyond, the company evolved its visual identity with a new wordmark, packaging design and new products offered regionally.
"We make yogurt but our business is wellness—for the fans who enjoy our products to the communities we operate in," said Peter McGuinness, Chief Marketing and Commercial Officer, Chobani. "As we approached 10 years as a national brand, we spent the past ten years focusing on the impact our company can and does have on communities across America, using food as a force for good. That's framing how we're looking at the next decade, and our new packaging is the first glimpse into that. It's a beautiful translation of our brand and our purpose that moves us closer to becoming a food-focused wellness company."
Chobani's vision to make universal wellness happen sooner builds on the company's founding mission to provide better food for more people, while laying out how Chobani is defining wellness and where the brand will invest to achieve it:
- Nutritional Wellness: Scaling our efforts to provide better food for more people.
- Social Wellness: Increasing our investment in the communities we serve and the people who craft our food.
- Environmental Wellness: Building a supply chain that ensures the planet's health.
New Creative Expression
To bring this vision to life for consumers, Chobani is launching an evolution of the brand's creative expression—Fighting for Happily Ever After—which is shaping everything from the brand's packaging, website and campaigns to its cafés, and more.
Chobani's in-house creative team spent more than a year developing the evolved brand look and feel. This evolution differentiates the brand at shelf and reflects the values of the company.
The new creative will be supported by a robust integrated campaign to inform and educate consumers, including online video, shopper marketing, social and PR programs. In February, the brand is planning a major commemoration of its 10th anniversary, including activations for fans and initiatives focused on strengthening communities.
We've Never Been Stronger
As the brand that spent the last decade reshaping the dairy aisle by challenging industry norms and constantly innovating, Chobani continues to push the yogurt category forward, even as other big companies have struggled. Chobani's current market share of overall yogurt (+20%) is the highest it's ever been on a sustained basis, representing a ~40% share of the Greek Yogurt segment. Absent low-performing brands, the category is showing 3.1% growth, driven by Chobani's record distribution, production and double-digit topline growth.1
Expanding our Product Portfolio
Beginning in December, Chobani is rolling out its first-ever regional offering, Chobani® with a Hint Of—a simply crafted, blended Greek yogurt made with only natural ingredients, hand-selected varietal real fruits and spices for delicious flavor with less sweetness. Priced at $1.49 per 5.3-oz cup, A Hint Of will be available first in Pacific, Northeast and Florida markets, and expand to national distribution in July 2018.
"A Hint Of" provides Chobani fans with a new option with only natural sweeteners (9g sugar) and high protein (12g), and a mildly sweet taste in five curated flavors:
- Madagascar Vanilla Cinnamon
- Wild Blueberry
- Monterey Strawberry
- Gili Cherry
- Alphonso Mango
Chobani is also expanding its offerings across existing product platforms, including:
- Chobani® Smooth Strawberry Banana and Mixed Berry: Two popular flavors added to Chobani's first ever non-Greek yogurt platform.
- Chobani® Flip® Honey Crunch Bunch: Inspired by the iconic cereal brand, with honey yogurt, corn flakes, honey oat bunches and glazed pumpkin seeds.
- Chobani® Flip® Tropical Daybreak: Offering steady morning energy with pineapple coconut yogurt, ancient grain clusters, coconut chips and dried pineapple.
- Chobani® Whole Milk Vanilla Chocolate Chunk: Delicate dark chocolate chunks, folded into a rich, creamy, Madagascar vanilla yogurt.
- Limited Batch Chobani Cherry Vanilla Blended: Combined two of our most popular flavors into a delicious blended yogurt to create a flavor experience that is familiar yet unique.
- Limited Batch Chobani Mint Chocolate Chunk: Inspired by one of America's favorite ice cream flavors, with creamy mint yogurt blended with chocolate pieces to deliver a more nutritious snack that's packed with protein.
- Limited Batch Chobani® Flip® Buttercrunch Blast: Features the crunchy candy-bar goodness of toffee pieces, peanut butter clusters, chocolate cookies and roasted peanuts tumbled into a delicious chocolate yogurt.
For more information about Chobani's evolution, visit Chobani.com/next10years
Maker of America's No. 1–selling Greek Yogurt brand and the second largest yogurt manufacturer in the U.S., Chobani, LLC, was founded on the belief that people have great taste—they just need great options. Chobani produces high-quality authentic yogurt made with only natural, non-GMO ingredients from its plants in New Berlin, New York, Twin Falls, Idaho and South Victoria, Australia. Chobani is committed to using milk from regional farms and strengthening its surrounding local economies. Chobani gives a portion of its annual profits to charities worldwide through the company's charitable foundation. In 2017, Chobani was recognized by Fast Company as one of the top 10 most innovative companies in the world. All Chobani products—including Chobani® Greek Yogurt and Greek Yogurt Drink, Chobani® Smooth, Chobani® Flip®, Chobani Tots® and Chobani Kids® products—are kosher certified, contain live and active cultures and are made with milk from cows not treated with rBST.* Chobani products are available nationwide in the U.S., Mexico and Australia, and in countries in Asia and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.chobani.com and www.facebook.com/chobani.
Blair Aires / Chobani / [email protected] / 212-364-6731
*According to the FDA, no significant difference has been found between milk derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST-treated cows.
1 Based on latest 13-week Nielsen reporting.
SOURCE Chobani, LLC