ROCKVILLE, Md., Sept. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Choice Privileges, the award-winning loyalty program from Choice Hotels International (NYSE: CHH), is now offering Platinum and Diamond members reciprocity benefits with Avis. As part of this exclusive partnership, Choice Privileges Elite members can now register to receive Avis Preferred Plus status in Avis' express rental program, gaining access to complimentary upgrades, exclusive offers, and other program benefits.*
"Even with all of the options to earn Choice Privileges rewards, we continue to add new features that make our members' business and leisure travel even better," said Jamie Russo, vice president, loyalty programs and customer engagement, Choice Hotels. "These new benefits with Avis underscore this commitment by giving our Platinum and Diamond Elite members the opportunity to access two great programs while reinforcing our commitment to make Choice Privileges the most rewarding program in the hotel industry."
Choice Privileges Platinum and Diamond members will receive an invitation to enroll in Avis Preferred Plus. Upon registration for the Preferred Plus program, members will be able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Skip the counter when picking up a rental car
- Receive complimentary upgrades, when available
- Receive exclusive monthly e-mail offers
- Earn 1,000 bonus Choice Privileges points on every eligible rental once their Choice Privileges member number is added to their Avis Preferred profile
- Obtain access to the Avis Preferred Plus reservation number and customer service support
"Avis Preferred Plus is generally available to [residents of the United States] who complete 12 rentals or spend $5,000 in a calendar year," said Stephen Wright, senior vice president, travel and partnerships, Avis Budget Group. "We're pleased to extend these special benefits to Choice Privileges Elite members as part of our exclusive partnership."
The Choice Privileges loyalty rewards program has been rated no. 1 in USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice Awards list for two consecutive years and a top hotel loyalty program by U.S. News & World Report for three consecutive years. Membership is free, offers fast rewards and perks, and exclusive member rates when booking directly at www.choicehotels.com.
For more information about the Choice Privileges rewards program and the Avis partnership, including terms and conditions, visit https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/avis-budget.
* New enrollees will be automatically upgraded to Avis Preferred Plus status. Existing Avis Preferred members will be upgraded to Avis Preferred Plus within 2-3 business days. Complimentary Preferred Plus status valid for a 12 month period and must be earned thereafter according to Preferred Plus program requirements. For full Avis Preferred program terms and conditions, visit avis.com/terms
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest and most successful lodging franchisors in the world. With more than 6,800 hotels, representing more than 550,000 rooms, in over 40 countries and territories as of June 30, 2018, the Choice® family of hotel brands provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality lodging options from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments. The award-winning Choice Privileges® loyalty program, offers members benefits ranging from everyday rewards to exceptional experiences. For more information, visit www.choicehotels.com.
© 2018 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Choice Hotels International, Inc.