TAMPA, Fla., July 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- St. Joseph's Children's Hospital treats thousands of Tampa Bay's children every year. Whether they arrive by ambulance, are recovering from open-heart surgery or undergoing cancer treatment, they receive the finest medical treatment, emotional support and loving care available. But they have other special needs - play and distraction from their illness - that are met with the help of generous people throughout the community.
"Medical settings are a new, unfamiliar world for most children," said St. Joseph's Children's Hospital Child Life Supervisor Christi Schwichtenberg. "Providing them with fun activities like art and music therapy, developmental play or movie nights can bring a momentary escape from the hospital experience and their illness."
Donations collected during St. Joseph's Children's Hospital's Christmas in July donation drive help provide entertainment and comfort to pediatric patients throughout the year.
Here's how you can make a difference:
- Help brighten the spirits of hospitalized kids by donating a patient experience, activity or distraction item online at StJosephsChristmas.org. Monetary donations can be made in any denomination and are greatly appreciated.
- Drop off toys and donations in the circular drive in front of St. Joseph's Children's Hospital during the special Christmas in July community event Friday, July 31, 2015 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Get in the holiday spirit by taking the #CarolinginJuly Challenge. Shoot a video of yourself singing two lines of your favorite Christmas song, share it on social media and challenge three friends to either do the same or make a Christmas in July donation online at StJosephsChristmas.org.
- Become an event sponsor or a community partner. Sponsorships available starting at just $1,000. Our community partners get their customers involved in Christmas in July through a donation of percentage of sales, register campaigns and spirit nights.
- Start or join a Christmas in July team. Host your own online fundraiser and enlist your friends, family and coworkers to meet a goal. Fundraising ideas include bake sales, raffles, jeans day and walk/run/bike activities.
For more information about Christmas in July, please visit StJosephsChristmas.org or call (813) 872-0979.
About St. Joseph's Children's Hospital
As Tampa's only dedicated children's hospital, St. Joseph's Children's Hospital is committed to providing everything needed for the health and well-being of children. Part of the BayCare Health System, St. Joseph's Children's Hospital provides more acute medical and surgical pediatric care than all other hospitals in Hillsborough County. From the tiniest baby to the high school quarterback, patients are cared for by doctors who specialize in treating children, in surroundings designed exclusively for kids.
About BayCare Health System
BayCare is a leading not-for-profit health care system that connects individuals and families to a wide range of services at 13 hospitals and hundreds of other convenient locations throughout the Tampa Bay and central Florida regions. Inpatient and outpatient services include acute care, primary care, imaging, laboratory, behavioral health, home care, and wellness. Our mission is to improve the health of all we serve through community-owned, health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care.
Video - http://youtu.be/jzEkJpba_PY
SOURCE St. Joseph's Children's Hospital