CORALVILLE, Iowa, Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CIVCO Medical Solutions, the leading provider of motion management solutions, will showcase a new SRS/SRT system and other disease site solutions at ASTRO booth #10003. Attendees are invited to visit disease site-specific locations throughout the booth to learn how CIVCO's comprehensive motion management solutions are clearly connected for every disease site.
- Head & Neck Solutions – CIVCO's head & neck solutions provide customized setups that can be reproduced with precision in addition to providing appropriate patient immobilization. Each head & neck system provides baseplates compatible with multiple imaging modalities and a variety of thermoplastic styles. Head & neck solutions include: the new trUpoint ARCH™ SRS/SRT system, thermoplastics, Accuform™ cushions, Universal Couchtop™ and Protura™ Robotic Positioning System.
- Lung Solutions – CIVCO's lung solutions enable respiratory suppression techniques allowing predictability in limiting movement during treatment and provide increased daily target alignment. Lung solutions include: Body Pro-Lok™ SBRT system, fiducial markers, Vac-Lok™ cushions, Universal Couchtop and Protura Robotic Positioning System.
- Prostate Solutions – CIVCO's prostate solutions allow you to efficiently visualize and correct intra-fraction motion, and provide options for increasing safety and patient comfort. Prostate solutions include: fiducial markers, bellyboards, and Vac-Lok cushions, Combifix™/HipFix™ immobilization systems, Universal Couchtop and Protura Robotic Positioning System.
- Breast Solutions- CIVCO's breast solutions increase daily repositioning accuracy and decrease dose to critical structures. These solutions allow customized setup for each patient and increase patient comfort. Breast solutions include: New Horizon™ prone breastboard, MT-350 and Wing Board, C-Qual™ breastboard, Universal Couchtop and Protura Robotic Positioning System.
- Abdominal Solutions- CIVCO's abdominal solutions are designed for optimized, daily tumor localization and rigid patient immobilization. Abdominal solutions include: fiducial markers, Body Pro-Lok SBRT system, Vac-Lok cushions, Universal Couchtop and Protura Robotic Positioning System.
CIVCO's team of motion management experts will demonstrate SRS/SRT head immobilization, SBRT immobilization and thermoplastic immobilization regularly throughout the meeting.
In addition, the Protura Robotic Patient Positioning System integration with AlignRT® will be featured. This integration allows the AlignRT® user to apply calculated translation and rotational shifts automatically to the Protura system from within the simple and intuitive AlignRT® user interface. The Protura system provides automated, consistent and accurate 6 DOF patient alignment. Together, these leading-edge technologies advance the adoption of sophisticated treatment techniques. The combination of positioning accuracy, advanced technology and data consistency provided with system integration makes Protura the clinician's first choice for streamlined workflow and increased patient throughput.
CIVCO Medical Solutions has over 30 years of experience and offers cutting-edge medical technology to a diverse group of medical professionals. CIVCO's Radiation Oncology (RO) division designs, manufactures and markets comprehensive motion management solutions to improve patient outcomes and increase clinical productivity for head & neck, breast, lung, abdomen, prostate and other treatment sites. RO's products include couchtops and overlays for linear accelerators and imaging systems, advanced patient immobilization solutions, robotic patient positioning, advanced fiducial markers, and immobilization/positioning equipment and consumables. The Multi-Modality Imaging (MMI) unit designs and manufactures accessories for use in diagnostic and therapeutic imaging and interventional procedures, with a strong focus on ultrasound. MMI's products range from infection control products including a wide range of ultrasound and CT covers to device guidance, positioning and electromagnetic needle tracking. CIVCO offers patients and clinicians the newest and best technology available to improve patient care.
Corporate information is available at www.CIVCO.com.
For further information please contact:
Marketing Communications Specialist
CIVCO Medical Solutions
COPYRIGHT © 2012. CIVCO IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF CIVCO MEDICAL SOLUTIONS. PROTURA AND ALL OTHER TRADEMARKS ARE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNER. ALL PRODUCTS MAY NOT BE LICENSED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CANADIAN LAW. 2012C0823
SOURCE CIVCO Medical Solutions