NEW YORK, Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- As the weather begins to cool, fall fashionistas are embracing the season's trends and choosing crisp layers for a classic, chic look. Statement outerwear pieces will become a focal point, while cozy, chunky knits and jersey tops play an accompanying role. But how do you create a look that balances your personal style, is versatile, and still leaves room for fun?
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/oldnavy/51387/
Old Navy Fashion Stylist Yanira Garza has styling tips to help take your look from summer fresh to fall chic. Garza's experience styling fashion shows and commercials all over the world gives her a keen eye for style.
"While style should always be top of mind, it shouldn't be something that's hard to achieve," said Yanira. "Fashion should be easy and fun- that's what's so great about Old Navy's fall line, it's classic, chic and easy."
- Layers, Layers, Layers – Layering is fundamental for fall. Try pairing a basic tank, a collared shirt and a chunky sweater all under a puffy vest or jacket. Or for a cozier look, layer a cable sweater over a soft dress.
- Key pieces: Old Navy Cozy Cable Sweater
- Fall Staple: Statement Coat – Coats and jackets are no longer just for shielding the cold; their style, color and fit set the stage for your whole look. Have fun with complementary and bold cold-weather accessories, like jewel-tone or animal print scarves, a chic skullcap or chunky arm warmers.
- Key pieces: Old Navy Mid Length Wool Coat in Blue Plaid; Old Navy Cargo Jacket
- Chic Stripes – Carry those summery classic stripes over to fall by wearing them with fall's best pants. Pair your stripes with a straight leg ankle pant and flats, or for a bigger statement, try your stripes with a cargo pant and suede wedge.
- Key pieces: Old Navy Asymmetrical Stripe Tunic Sweater; Old Navy Stripe Zip-Up Sweater
- Sheer –The sheer trend is feminine, soft and simple. Marry a sheer shirt or dress with a skinny denim pant for a more relaxed look, or play it up with faux fur accessories such as a stole or even a vest for added glamour.
- Key pieces: Old Navy Drawstring Waist Flouncy Dress in Navy
- A Layered Approach – Layers aren't just for warmth or for women, so stay on-trend this season by mixing textures and wearing a staple tee under a button-down shirt topped off with a button-up cardigan.
- Key pieces: Old Navy Mens Twill Military Jacket
- Plaid – Don't do plaid head to toe. Instead, pick one item- whether it is a shirt, jacket or slacks- as the centerpiece to an outfit. Enhance your plaid by focusing on the darkest color in the pattern and wearing complementary wardrobe pieces. If the darkest color is olive, wear a solid piece in the same shade.
- Key pieces: Old Navy Mens Patterned Twill Western Shirt
- Relaxed Tailoring – Instead of the baggy, loose style that seems more street than chic, opt for a more casual approach to tailoring. This will serve as another style option but will not dominate the still popular slim cut.
- Key pieces: Old Navy Mens Broken-In Slim Fit Khakis
About Old Navy
Old Navy originated in 1994 and quickly became one of the world's most successful brands, offering customers the latest fashion at great prices. Today, the brand continues to offer on-trend apparel and irresistible basics for adults and children at a surprising value. And, best of all, Old Navy brings it all to customers in a fun, energizing shopping environment.
SOURCE Old Navy