CLEVELAND, June 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cleveland-area technology hiring is on the rise for the second half of 2017, according to the Robert Half Technology IT Hiring Forecast and Local Trend Report. Twenty-four percent of CIOs say they plan to add full-time technology professionals to their teams — up 13 points from December's report. In addition to hiring plans, the report also highlights technology skills in demand, CIOs' top concerns and factors contributing to local hiring growth.
Hiring Plans and Challenges
According to the report, 24 percent of CIOs in Cleveland plan to bring on more IT talent during the next six months, and an additional 63 percent expect to maintain staff levels by filling vacant roles. An active hiring environment is contributing to a competitive market for IT talent: 64 percent of Cleveland hiring leaders say that it's somewhat or very challenging to find skilled IT professionals in today's market.
Factors Leading to Tech Hiring in Cleveland
When asked what factors are most contributing to local hiring, a third (33 percent) of respondents said that more businesses are moving to the area and creating jobs in technology.
Other factors impacting tech hiring in Cleveland include:
- Increased digital marketing initiatives (28 percent)
- Increased cloud and big data initiatives (21 percent)
- Increased mobile initiatives (18 percent)
Skills in Demand
According to respondents, the skills in greatest demand within their organizations include:
- Desktop support (59 percent)
- Wireless network management (59 percent)
- Windows administration (59 percent)
- Business intelligence/reporting services (57 percent)
- Network administration (55 percent)
- Database management (54 percent)
- Telecommunications support (50 percent)
When asked to name their top priority for the next six months, over a quarter of Cleveland CIOs (26 percent) said they will be focused on upgrading existing systems for business efficiency. Other priorities will include:
- Staff retention (26 percent)
- Innovation and helping to grow their businesses (17 percent)
- Technology innovation and investing in new technologies (16 percent)
- Maintaining security of IT systems and safeguarding company information (15 percent)
About Robert Half Technology
With more than 100 locations worldwide, Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of technology professionals for initiatives ranging from web development and multiplatform systems integration to network security and technical support. Robert Half Technology offers online job search services at roberthalf.com/technology. Visitors can also request a copy of the Robert Half Technology 2017 Salary Guide, which includes a wide range of IT job descriptions.
The survey was developed by Robert Half Technology and conducted by an independent research firm. To ensure that companies from all segments were represented in the study, the sample was stratified by number of employees. Robert Half Technology has been tracking IT hiring activity in the United States since 1995.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cleveland-cios-plan-to-ramp-up-hiring-in-second-half-of-2017-300478163.html
SOURCE Robert Half Technology