OCALA, Fla., March 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ClosetMaid®, a business of Emerson, is opening up a world of oh-so-organized opportunities by helping consumers click their way to an organized home – room by room – with its newly revamped web site.
To view the multimedia content associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/46534-Closet-Maid/
At ClosetMaid.com, discover the newest do-it-yourself (DIY) and do-it-for-me products and explore the inspiring lifestyle photography and helpful organization tips – all at your fingertips.
"ClosetMaid.com navigates the consumer through a streamlined experience from learner to shopper to buyer," says Lisa Engel, Vice President of Channel Marketing & Communications, ClosetMaid. "Throughout the site, users are prompted on what to do next in their quest for storganization™."
Stor' - gan - i - za - tion, a term coined by ClosetMaid, refers to the union of function (storage) and form (organization).
The website experience takes consumers through the following five sections:
1. Get Ideas. The first section is all about inspiration and ideas. There, consumers can narrow their search for the perfect closet style by room type, closet type, material preference and skill level. There are over 1,500 images for visitors to choose from as they plan their project.
2. Design. After selecting a closet, visitors can "Start Your Design" to see the closet in an empty, un-propped format. From there, choose from three design services – whether it's a DIY online design tool, ClosetMaid's Professional Design Service assistance or to contact one of ClosetMaid's Authorized Dealers for custom design and installation.
uDesign™ is the free online storage planner, available at www.ClosetMaid.com, for DIY enthusiasts. After a simple download, consumers can start designing storage areas, with 3D renderings, utilizing ClosetMaid's laminate or wire products. For those looking for design inspiration, uDesign even offers a design and idea gallery by room. Once a design is completed, a print-ready parts list is generated for easy shopping and users can save their designs for access later.
ClosetMaid also offers a Professional Design Service, a quick, easy and affordable online design option. Complete a few questions regarding the storage area and needs, then ClosetMaid's team of design specialists will process the request. For a small fee, consumers will receive two designs for a single storage space that include line art drawings, color renderings, parts list and a where-to-buy option.
3. Prepare. In this section, visitors will find an Organizational Profiler, which provides recommendations based on motivation, challenges, confidence level and personality type; Planning Tips specific to room types; and a printable Tools and Materials checklist.
4. Shop. Users can learn where to buy ClosetMaid products at retail, or in some cases, purchase products online immediately.
5. Install. This is the go-to place for product installation instructions, helpful videos, easy how-to guides and frequently asked questions.
For more information on building your dream closet, or to find a ClosetMaid Authorized Dealer, visit ClosetMaid.com or call (800) 874-0008.
About ClosetMaid and Emerson
ClosetMaid® (www.ClosetMaid.com), industry leader in home organization and storage systems, is a business of Emerson™. Emerson (NYSE : EMR ), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and tools and storage businesses. Sales in fiscal 2010 were $21 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.