TUCSON, Ariz., Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Offshore Group recently spoke with Jim Clarke, vice president of new business development, with Taylor, Michigan-headquartered FOCUS Business Solutions. FOCUS has assisted companies involved in international trade to move their products into and out of the U.S. for the past twenty-five years, and has developed a particular expertise in servicing manufacturers located in Mexico, as well in the rest of the NAFTA region.
During the session, Clarke talks about five challenging issues that confront companies navigating Customs that confront companies navigating Customs related issues. They include:
- Tariff Classification - It is critical that companies use the correct Customs classification for the goods that they are importing and/or exporting.
- NAFTA Claims - Manufacturers must correctly substantiate claims that their goods are subject to preferential duty treatment.
- Customs Valuations - Parties involved in international trade between Mexico and the U.S. must make sure that they state the value of their merchandise correctly.
- Customs Reconciliation - Importers and Exporters must understand the process by which information submitted to Customs in error can be corrected.
- Audits - Manufacturers must understand what is required to successfully pas audits and examinations conducted by the Customs service.
According to Clarke, "Many times there are very common errors related to U.S.-Mexico trade in the area of Customs. It doesn't matter what the size of the company is. If importers and exporters don't have direct knowledge of critical issues or someone on staff that has the experience in this area, they can run into difficulties."
Companies and individuals that wish to get up to speed on Customs basics should listen to this 40 minute podcast.
FOCUS Business Solutions is a full service customs & trade management firm uniquely positioned to help companies with their international trade and compliance needs. We help manage the operations and on-going costs of importing and exporting.
The Offshore Group is the largest provider of outsourced business support, "shelter" services in Mexico. Currently 61 businesses operate at The Offshore Group's three Mexico manufacturing industrial parks in the State of Sonora, the city of Saltillo, Coahuila, and at the Group's Vangtel affiliate in Hermosillo, Sonora. Vangtel offers Mexico shelter services to companies that occupy the call center, IT development and BPO markets, while the International Logistic Solutions Company (ILS) is a leading provider of supply chain services. The Offshore Group has recently initiated operations in Mexico's second largest city, Guadalajara. Sign up to receive The Offshore Group RSS Feeds.
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
SOURCE The Offshore Group