CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Compass Group USA proudly announces its new Sustainability Platform which advances its efforts to better protect and manage our food sources and the people who harvest and grow those sources. Click here to view the full report.
Compass Group USA is a family of companies providing food and support services across all 50 states and in every setting – from cultural arts centers to oil rigs, school dining to corporate cafes, hospitals to sports arenas, and vending to the entertainment industry's most iconic events.
In their new Sustainability Platform Compass Group commits to:
- Purchase a minimum of 20% of its produce and other products from local and regional sources
- Increase the purchase of animal proteins from suppliers who promote humane welfare of farm animals
- Source foods that are produced with minimal use or free of chemicals and antibiotics
- Offer USDA Organic label items as first choice options on menus when available
- Serve only wild caught and aquaculture seafood from environmentally responsible sources or those on a path towards improvement
- Partner with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers to foster better pay and conditions to CIW harvesters
- Reduce the purchase
sof red meat by 30% based on 2014 volumes
- Reduce the Eco-Foodprint of our foodservice operations in food, energy, water and landfill waste
"Our 2015 Sustainability Platform builds upon our commitment to a transparent food chain and sourcing foods that are responsibly produced," said Julia Jordan, Compass Group's Director of Sustainability Initiatives. "As one of the largest providers of food services in the country, we are proud to help shape a sustainable path for the food service industry."
Our sustainability platform is a key component of Compass Group USA's Envision 2020 philosophy.
About Compass Group North America: Based in Charlotte NC, Compass Group North America is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $13.6 billion (£8.2 billion) in revenues in 2014. Compass Group USA was recently named one of the Top 500 Best Employers by Forbes. With over 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.1 billion in the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014.
SOURCE Compass Group USA