DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., Nov. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- CompTIA, the nonprofit association for the technology industry, today announced the appointment of five new executive council members to its State & Local Government and Education (SLED) Council.
"Our Executive Council leads the SLED activities and collaborates with CompTIA staff, state government affairs advocates and other resources to drive member-led initiatives focused on advancing the interests of the IT industry in the SLED market," said Jennifer Axt, chairwoman of the council and general manager, state and local government and education, Dell EMC.
The new CompTIA SLED executive council members are:
- John Punzak, national sales director for Red Hat , an enterprise open source software company. He is approaching his 11th anniversary of founding the SLED division at Red Hat.
- Charles Collier, managing director of advisory for KPMG. Collier is a trusted advisor to many government leaders throughout the country.
- Claire Bailey, director, federal, state and local solutions for Compuware. A former CTO for the state of Arkansas, Bailey moved to Compuware, where she now works to advance the company's public sector opportunities in mainframe technologies.
- Juliane Swatt, senior vice president, state government solutions, public sector for Xerox. Swatt has been a strategic advisor to commercial and government clients globally for over two decades.
- Margaret Hallbach, vice president, government and education, public sector markets for Verizon Enterprise Solutions. Hallbach manages a nationwide team responsible for customer engagement and solutions development to address the increasingly complex requirements of state and local government and education clients.
"Our new executive council brings a great new dynamic to the SLED Council, and their experience in the IT industry will surely serve us well," council Chairwoman Jennifer Axt said.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is a non-profit trade association serving as the voice of the information technology industry. With approximately 2,000 member companies, 3,000 academic and training partners and more than two million IT certifications issued, CompTIA is dedicated to advancing industry growth through educational programs, market research, networking events, professional certifications and public policy advocacy. To learn more, visit CompTIA online, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/comptia-welcomes-five-new-executive-members-to-state-and-local-government-and-education-council-300357868.html