PHILADELPHIA, July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Fiberlink®, the leader in cloud-based solutions for secure mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM), today announced that specialty food distributor Conan Foods from Montreal, Quebec, Canada is successfully using MaaS360 to provide management and security for its iPhones, desktops and laptops. With MaaS360, Conan Foods has the centralized control to easily track inventory, manage applications and ensure end-user accountability.
With its core focus in food distribution, Conan Foods' IT staff has to support the company with a minimal budget and with manual processes. When the company decided to move its sales force from desktops to laptops, it became clear that they needed a solution to manage the laptops, as well as desktops and smartphones. Conan Foods selected MaaS360 for its ability to alleviate the challenges faced by their IT department. The affordability, instant access and flexibility of MaaS360's cloud-based platform provides easy control of inventory, OS updates and applications.
"The operational and security advantages we've realized since implementing MaaS360 have been huge, especially for IT, but for other departments as well," said Adamantia (Tia) Darsaklis, purchasing supervisor at Conan Foods. "I can't begin to calculate what Conan has gained in resource efficiencies. MaaS360 is a must-have tool for all companies and definitely cost-effective."
Today, MaaS360 provides Conan Foods with complete visibility and control of all IT assets for end-users, ensuring:
- Simplified inventory management: Once hand-written device inventories are now electronically available for viewing or printing with just a click.
- Application and update tracking: Updates on all devices are easier to track with MaaS360, which provides alerts on users who have not performed OS updates or installed a company-required application.
- Strategic application distribution: Managers at Conan Foods can recommend applications and IT can push a link to all devices for installation.
- Information security: Information on iPhones can now be controlled and remotely wiped if a device is lost or stolen, or if an employee is about to leave the company.
- Increased efficiency and automated control: The sales force at Conan Foods, now with secure laptops for customer visits, can improve upon their business model of personalized customer consulting. For IT, there's no longer a need to spend time manually checking all end-user devices.
When a laptop was stolen, Conan Foods was able to provide police with a complete description of the device and its contents with a quick MaaS360 report. Within minutes of the robbery, key system details, such as manufacturer, model number, serial number, IP address, OS and installed applications, were shared with police to assist with the investigation.
"Conan Foods is a great example of a company empowering its mobile workforce while maintaining automated controls over its devices and applications," said Christopher Clark, president of Fiberlink. "With multi-platform support to manage and secure all enterprise computing platforms, MaaS360 cuts device and application management effort to a minimum, while providing maximum visibility of activity and status."
Fiberlink is the recognized leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for secure enterprise mobile device and application management. Its cloud-based MaaS360 platform provides IT organizations with mobility intelligence and control over mobile devices, applications and content to enhance the mobile user experience and keep corporate data secure across smartphones, tablets and laptops. MaaS360 helps companies monitor the expanding suite of mobile operating systems, including Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. Named by Network World as the Clear Choice Test winner for mobile device management solutions and honored with the 2012 Global Mobile Award for "Best Enterprise Mobile Service" at Mobile World Congress, MaaS360 is used to manage and secure more than one million endpoints globally. For more information, please visit http://www.maas360.com.
© 2012 MaaS360 and the MaaS360 logo are trademarks of Fiberlink Communications and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other brand names are trademarks of their respective partners.