BOWLING GREEN, Ky., Nov. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Connected Nation Exchange (CNX) has been awarded a Master Services contract to provide broadband expertise statewide in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The move is an extension of Kentucky's expansive initiative to increase broadband capacity through a public-private middle mile initiative called Kentucky Wired.
Under this contract, CNX will work with local communities and interested public sector agencies throughout Kentucky to plan and implement strategies that will take advantage of the roughly $350 million privately-led investment in a robust middle mile broadband network asset.
"Kentucky stands alone in its commitment to such a public-private solution for unlocking the power of broadband statewide," noted CNX Founder and CEO, Brian Mefford. "CNX is proud to be a part of this effort and we look forward to expanding on our work in each and every Kentucky community."
As part of the contract, the following agencies and entities will be able to access CNX expertise to comprehensively address broadband project planning and programming:
- Commonwealth Communities
- Kentucky Promise Zone Communities
- Kentucky Wired Program and Network
- Commonwealth Office of Technology
- Kentucky Information Highway – Existing Connectivity Contract
- Kentucky Education Network (KEN)
- State Government Environments and the KIH3 Contract
- Center for Rural Development
- KEWS – Statewide Towers and Emergency Warning Radio System
- Higher Education Networks
- Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE)
- Kentucky Community and Technical Colleges
- Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities
- First Responders, Public Safety and FirstNet
- Commercial Mobile Radio Services – Emergency Telecommunications
- Kentucky Educational TV
- Kentucky Department of Education and Kentucky School Districts
- Kentucky Library System
CNX expands broadband opportunities by providing public/private expertise, innovative technology, and complete planning, feasibility analysis, engineering and financial/brokerage services resulting in new services for communities and faster time to market for providers. More information at www.cnx.io.
Contact CNX Media Relations at 866.881.9425 or at www.cnx.io.
SOURCE Connected Nation Exchange (CNX)