SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- As mobile technologies become further ingrained in the live entertainment experience, organizations like the National Football League (NFL) are looking for new and exciting ways to incorporate mobility into gameday – in stadium and beyond. Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced the Green Bay Packers, Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills have increased connectivity and fan engagement with the deployment of its Smart OmniEdge™ solution at their home stadiums. As the Official Wi-Fi Solutions Provider of the NFL for the last four years, Extreme has delivered wired and Wi-Fi connectivity or Wi-Fi analytics solutions to 28 NFL stadiums, including the past five Super Bowl venues.
Access to high-speed, high-capacity Wi-Fi at NFL stadiums lets fans experience gameday like never before. With ExtremeMobility™ access points deployed throughout a stadium, fans can expect seamless and secure Wi-Fi connectivity, enabling social media sharing, video streaming and unfettered mobile app usage. They can also leverage convenience services like mobile ticketing and mobile payments, which are also enabled by Wi-Fi.
With ExtremeAnalytics™ software, NFL teams can also personalize the gameday experience for fans. Wi-Fi analytics provide granular visibility into network operations, enabling administrators to see how the network is being used. This information can then inform personalized campaigns that target users based on how they interact with the game, where they are in the stadium, what their preferred social media platforms are and more. By personalizing the experience, fan engagement and the value delivered on gameday will increase, as can be seen at Lambeau Field, Nissan Stadium and New Era Field.
- Green Bay Packers' Field: Since deploying Extreme's Smart OmniEdge solutions in 2015, the number of Packers fans connecting to Wi-Fi at Lambeau Field has grown from 20 to over 50 percent at the 80,000-seat stadium during the first games of the 2018 season. From the initial deployment to today, data transferred over the network has also doubled to more than 5 terabytes. Additionally, in preparation for the Packers' 100 Seasons Experience, the team expanded its Wi-Fi network to include Titletown – a center near Lambeau Field that offers shopping, restaurants and activities for fans – as well as the Lambeau Field parking lots, enabling fans to engage before, during and after Packers home games. Mobile ticketing at the stadium also enables fans to enter the game quickly.
- Tennessee Titans' Stadium: From the 2014 to 2017 season, Wi-Fi usage at the Titans' Nissan Stadium has seen significant growth. Average peak throughput has increased 140 percent and average data transferred has increased by 100 percent. Additionally, the number of peak users at the nearly 70,000-seat stadium has risen 48 percent and the number of unique users has increased 45 percent. Although users are increasingly connecting to Nissan Stadium's Wi-Fi, Extreme's high-density Smart OmniEdge solution helps ensures that no lag or connection issues arise because of the network visibility provided by Extreme's analytics software.
- Buffalo Bills' Field: As part of the One Buffalo initiative, which aims to create a deeper community connection in Western New York, the Buffalo Bills deployed Extreme's Smart OmniEdge solution to connect with and engage fans at New Era Field. As a result, from the 2016 to 2017 season, the average number of unique Wi-Fi users at the 71,000+ seat facility increased 102 percent. Even more impressive is the 677 percent increase in data throughput—from 507 megabits per second (Mbps) in the 2016 season to 3.94 gigabits per second (Gbps) in the 2017 season.
Aaron Amendolia, Vice President of Information Technology Services, National Football League
"Across the NFL, fan satisfaction and engagement are top priorities and Wi-Fi connectivity and in-stadium technology are important to the gameday experience. Extreme Networks' wired and wireless solutions help us to deliver a quality Wi-Fi experience, and its Wi-Fi analytics software, deployed in 25 NFL team stadiums, helps us to get a better understanding of the fan experience during the games by harvesting in-stadium mobile behaviors. These capabilities ensure the continued satisfaction of our fans and help us shape the stadium of the future with each deployment."
Wayne Wichlacz, Director of Information Technology, Green Bay Packers
"Our partnership with Extreme Networks has allowed us to scale and grow our infrastructure as we add new fan features in our stadium, parking lots and through regional development in Titletown. Our connected fan experience is just another way the Packers are using technology to add value to the already unique, one-of-a-kind environment at the legendary and iconic Lambeau Field."
Russ Hudson, Director of Information Systems, Tennessee Titans
"We began working with Extreme Networks back in 2014, and we've continued to be impressed by the quality of the networking technology the company provides. Not only are our fans increasingly using Nissan Stadium's Wi-Fi network, but we're able to get a better understanding of their wants and needs to tailor the gameday experience to meet these expectations via Wi-Fi analytics. Plus, with the insights Extreme's analytics solution provides, we're able to identify and mitigate issues before they impact fans, making the connection truly seamless."
Dave Wheat, Chief Administrative Officer, Buffalo Bills
"In Buffalo, community and fan engagement are business imperatives. With Extreme Networks, we've got a future-proof solution that seamlessly scales with demand for network access at New Era Field. With state-of-the-art Wi-Fi connectivity, the One Buffalo initiative is coming to life at each Bills home game."
John Brams, Director, Hospitality, Sports and Entertainment, Extreme Networks, Inc.
"The customer experience is at the center of everything Extreme Networks does, and the increase in Wi-Fi usage across our NFL stadiums is a testament to this. By helping fans connect to their family and friends while at the game, see instant replays on mobile apps and even check on their fantasy teams in real-time, we're bringing a new gameday experience to life. Mobile technology is here to stay, and we're here to ensure NFL fans can enjoy it. Simple, secure and streamlined connectivity is our top priority."
- Extreme Smart OmniEdge Solution Page
- ExtremeMobility Product Page
- ExtremeAnalytics Product Page
- Extreme's NFL Microsite
- Sports & Public Venues Solutions Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven solutions from the enterprise edge to the cloud that are agile, adaptive, and secure to enable digital transformation. Our 100% in-sourced services and support are number one in the industry. Even with 30,000 customers globally, including half of the Fortune 50 and some of the world's leading names in business, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics, education, government, healthcare and manufacturing, we remain nimble and responsive to ensure customer and partner success. We call this Customer-Driven Networking™. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.