NEW YORK, April 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In recent years, savvy small business marketers have focused their attention on producing quality content that will resonate with customers – new and old – and persuade them to take actions that generate greater awareness of your brand. While most leverage content as the foundation for their online marketing strategy, not everyone has figured out the best approach to cut through the content saturation in order to maximize their online marketing and amplify their message.
In his debut article for PR Newswire's Small Business PR Toolkit, Hugh Moore, Director of Content and Strategy at Emerging Insider Communications, offers the following tactics for marketers to get their brand stories in front of new audiences:
- Know your audience. A simple concept and yet, the necessary first step in the process. Ensure you are offering your core readers content that is useful and informative.
- Stick to a schedule. The key to a successful marketing strategy is to consistently present content that helps drive engagement and keeps your customers coming back for more.
- Be different. With highly niched industries, marketers have to rise above the content "staleness" and find a unique perspective or voice within their space.
- Leverage experts. Industry experts are an excellent resource for guest-generated content. Add them to your content rotation in order to add an appealing variety to your subject matter.
- Visuals. Adding visuals to your content is a great way to help distill abstract data into easily-digestible morsels. Photos and videos help distinguish messages from one another, and your audience may be more inclined to remember the content in greater detail.
For further discussion on how you can implement these best practices into your online marketing strategy, read "Cutting Through the Noise, A Guide to Messaging in an Age of Content Saturation" here: http://bit.ly/1EoN0aU.
PR Newswire's Small Business PR Toolkit is a comprehensive resource that provides small businesses and entrepreneurs the tools to develop an affordable public relations and marketing plan that helps generate interest from potential customers, engage with key audiences and grow their businesses. The toolkit features relevant content such as informative white papers, interactive webinars and how-to articles and premium access to educational resources, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers designed specifically for small businesses. To request information on how PR Newswire can help your small business, click here. You can receive updates on new Small Business PR Toolkit content by following @prnsmallbiz on Twitter.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry over 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content -- from rich media to online video to multimedia -- and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Director, Strategic Channels
SOURCE PR Newswire Association LLC