SAN JOSE, Calif., March 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- With major trade shows, industry gatherings and customer events cancelled around the world, digital marketing content must play an even bigger role in demand generation. Yet, many marketing organizations lack the necessary capabilities and processes to keep pace with a growing content marketing imperative, according to new strategic report from the CMO Council.
Digital marketing will need to pick up the slack, according to Donovan Neale-May, executive director of CMO Council and author of the new strategic brief, "Making Content Marketing Convert."
Download the report: https://cmocouncil.org/thought-leadership/reports/making-content-marketing-convert
"Marketers must act quickly and decisively to increase the impact, scope, reach and return of their content marketing investments in 2020," Neale-May said. "Our research also shows there is a critical need for marketing organizations to bring more discipline and strategic thinking to content specification, delivery and analytics."
Developed in partnership with NetLine, a leader in targeted B2B content syndication and sales funnel acceleration, the report provides valuable insights into the problems marketing organizations face in elevating the business impact of content development, distribution and lead conversion. It also provides a concise set best practices, along with a self-assessment check list for lead performance improvement.
Among CMO Council research insights that underscore the problems and shortcomings in current content marketing initiatives:
- Only 12 percent of marketers believe their content marketing programs targets the right audiences with relevant and persuasive content.
- Only 21 percent say they are sufficiently partnered with their sales counterparts in developing and measuring demand generation programs.
- Most view their content marketing process as ad hoc, decentralized and driven by internal stakeholder, rather than customer, interests.
- While 88 percent of business buyers say online content impacts vendor selection, just nine percent think of vendors as trusted sources of content.
The report offers commentary and advice on the top 10 essentials for effective authority leadership-driven content marketing:
- Partner with credible + trusted sources
- Produce relevant + compelling strategic insights
- Add customer-contributed views + validation
- Present authoritative, newsworthy and enriched content
- Engage qualified, verified and predisposed audiences
- Target the whole influencer, specifier + buyer ecosystem
- Embrace multi-channel distribution, promotion + syndication
- Authenticate content consumption and buyer engagement
- Ensure lead legitimacy and compliance
- Cultivate, Activate and convert prospect flow
It also offers a set of best practices for lead lifecycle management. These practices cover:
- Functional alignment between marketing and sales
- Lead qualification—prioritization and scoring
- Lead nurturing and relationship development
- Hand-off and optimization of the conversion process
- Campaign measurement
About the CMO Council
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council is the only global network of executives specifically dedicated to high-level knowledge exchange, thought leadership and personal relationship building among senior corporate marketing leaders and brand decision-makers across a wide range of global industries. The CMO Council's 16,000-plus members control approximately $1 trillion in aggregated annual marketing expenditures and run complex, distributed marketing and sales operations worldwide. In total, the CMO Council and its strategic interest communities include more than 65,000 global executives in more than 110 countries covering multiple industries, segments and markets. For more information, visit https://www.cmocouncil.org.
About NetLine Corporation:
NetLine Corporation empowers B2B Marketers with the reach, technology, and expertise required to drive scalable lead generation results and accelerate the sales funnel. Operating the largest B2B content syndication lead generation network, NetLine reaches 125 million unique visitors and processes more than 700 thousand leads monthly across 300 industry sectors. NetLine's AudienceTarget™ technology drives prospect discovery, quality customer lead acquisition, and buyer engagement from real prospect intent as professionals consume content directly across the network. Superior quality, on demand access, and advanced campaign reports enable all clients to achieve lead generation success. Founded in 1994, NetLine is privately held and headquartered in Los Gatos, California. Successful B2B Marketers Start with NetLine, visit www.netline.com.
SOURCE CMO Council