AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Continental, a leading international automotive supplier, will serve as the Tier One Strategic Partner for the SAE 2015 World Congress, which takes place April 21-23, 2015, at COBO Center in Detroit. As the Tier One Strategic Partner, Continental will support Honda as the Executive Leadership sponsor at the engineering profession's preeminent three-day event themed "Leading Mobility Innovation."
"As Honda's Tier One Strategic Partner, our goal is to help support SAE to inspire the industry and motivate engineers, professionals and students to shape the future of mobility," said Samir Salman, CEO of Continental North America. "SAE World Congress brings together some of the most influential and inspiring minds to discuss the most critical mobility issues facing the automotive industry today. Our participation will showcase our commitment to leading innovative technologies inspiring the power of intelligent mobility."
SAE World Congress attracts more than 10,000 engineers annually from around the world, with more than 1,000 technical papers presented by leading automotive industry professionals. This is Continental's first time participating as a Tier One Strategic Partner.
Continental's exhibit (booth #427) will carry the company's "The Power of Intelligent Mobility" innovation theme. In addition, three Continental executives will participate in leading panel discussions during the event:
- Helmut Matschi, Member of the Executive Board, Interior Division – Providing the SAE World Congress morning session keynote speech on April 23, 2015, from 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Seval Oz, CEO of Continental Intelligent Transportation Systems, LLC – Participating in the AVL Technology Leadership Panel discussion on "The Future of Mobility Innovation" being held Thursday, April 23, 2015, from 9:45-11:45 a.m. in the AVL Technology Leadership Center.
- Kregg Wiggins, Senior Vice President, Powertrain Division, North America – Participating in the AVL Technology Leadership Panel discussion about "Innovation in Powertrain Technology to Achieve 2025 Requirements & Beyond" being held Wednesday, April 22, 2015, from 1:30-3:30 p.m. in the AVL Technology Leadership Center.
- Steffen Linkenbach, Head of Systems and Technology, North America – Participating in the AVL Technology Leadership Panel discussion regarding "The Autonomous Vehicle Race" Tuesday, April 21, 2015, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. in the AVL Technology Leadership Center.
Continental already is demonstrating its power of intelligent mobility as three of its product innovations were named as finalists in the 2015 Automotive News PACE (Premier Automotive Suppliers' Contribution to Excellence) Award program. This marks the seventh year Continental has had entries advance as finalists. Continental's 2015 finalist innovations are:
- Turbocharger with Aluminum Turbine Housing – Continental created the world's first turbocharger with a water-cooled aluminum turbine housing for passenger car application.
- Bare Die High-Density-Interconnect (BD-HDI) Printed Circuit Board Substrate Technology for Transmission Electronics – The BD-HDI is a new substrate technology platform for transmission control units, which replaces previous ceramic solutions with significantly improved technical and cost performances.
- Multi-application Unified Sensor Element (MUSE) – Continental's industry-first MUSE design integrates multiple sensor functionalities into one unified element.
Continental continues to drive the development of pioneering innovations for the transportation of tomorrow. The company is putting together an international team of innovators from the IT and automotive industries focusing on intelligent mobility. The new business unit, called "Continental Intelligent Transportation Systems, LLC," is headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif., and headed by Seval Oz, an expert in vehicle networking and automation. In her previous role she worked on Google's self-driving car project.
Updates on Continental and its automotive industry activities and developments are available on Twitter at @ContiPressNA and Facebook at www.facebook.com/contipress. More information about the 2015 SAE World Congress can be found at www.sae.org/congress.
Continental develops intelligent technologies for transporting people and their goods. As a reliable partner, the international automotive supplier, tire manufacturer, and industrial partner provides sustainable, safe, comfortable, individual, and affordable solutions. In 2014, the corporation generated preliminary sales of approximately €34.5 billion with its five divisions, Chassis & Safety, Interior, Powertrain, Tire, and ContiTech. Continental employs more than 190,000 people in 49 countries.
Online Media Database: www.mediacenter.continental-corporation.com