HAMBURG, Germany and SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreMedia, a leading Web Content Management (WCM) company, today announced CoreMedia 7, the latest release of its innovative WCM platform. CoreMedia 7 is designed to help enterprises keep pace and thrive in the rapidly-changing business landscape that is driven by mobility, social engagement, on-demand technology and content-driven customer interactions. With CoreMedia 7, both business and IT users can respond to the pressure to quickly deliver relevant and engaging content to their customers across multiple channels. As a result, businesses can rapidly innovate online, enhance customer experience management capabilities and create revenue-generating customer experiences.
According to IT analyst firm Gartner, business today is being shaped by four "Nexus of Forces" — social, mobile, cloud and information. A recent report notes, "The forces combine to empower individuals as the forces interact with one another and their information through well-designed ubiquitous technology. Organizations of all types can harness the power of the Nexus to engage with their customers and staff, learn through the observation of behavior and interaction patterns, and create compelling experiences."[i] With CoreMedia 7, businesses will be able to capitalize on these market drivers, making it simpler and faster to deliver highly-engaging, contextual and interactive cross-channel experiences at every stage of the customer journey.
CoreMedia 7 Key Features and Benefits:
- Embrace a Mobile-first World – CoreMedia enhanced CoreMedia 7 with more advanced and comprehensive mobile publishing options than any other system on the market. Companies can create unified experiences across all mobile channels and delivery models – Web apps, native apps, responsive Web pages and legacy devices. CoreMedia 7 can adapt to any visitor on any channel, providing contextual and social content support on any mobile device.
- Make Cloud Computing Work for the Enterprise – CoreMedia 7 allows enterprises to deploy to the cloud while maintaining security integrity, visibility, scalability and control. With this release, CoreMedia goes beyond the limited "cloud ready" capabilities of other WCM platforms to put the best of cloud technology to work, making it easier for businesses to deploy portions of their implementations in the cloud. Furthermore, businesses have the flexibility to choose any cloud deployment environment, whether it be on-premise, cloud, virtual or hybrid.
- Support Social Interactions – CoreMedia 7 arms companies to seamlessly manage content generated from two separate sources, internal and external. The platform deeply integrates CoreMedia's Elastic Social software, which leverages NoSQL architecture to help enterprises easily scale to support growing social conversations. CoreMedia 7 also includes advanced social tools for interacting with community members, publishing social content and moderating activity.
- Deliver Highly-Contextual Content – Today's business decisions are driven by content with context. To make customer interactions profitable, businesses must deliver the right content to the user at every stage of the customer journey. New features in CoreMedia 7 make it easier for all users to create highly-targeted, contextualized experiences for current and potential customers.
- Empower Users Across Departments – With this release, CoreMedia optimized CoreMedia Studio, its editorial hub for business users, to incorporate a customizable user dashboard and over 70 performance and usability enhancements. Using a single, intuitive information-based editorial interface, business users can design customer experiences – moving way beyond the traditional page-based tools. They can launch new online web properties, campaigns and microsites quickly without IT support. CoreMedia 7 also more deeply engrains Blueprint, its rapid Web development solution, offering a wealth of out-of-the-box solution components and pre-configured templates that is already proving to dramatically reduce implementation times.
"The pace of change in today's digital world has deeply challenged businesses to make customer interactions timely, relevant and profitable," said Glenn Conradt, Vice President, Global Marketing and North America for CoreMedia. "At the same time, social, mobile and cloud technology have transformed the nature of these interactions. With CoreMedia 7, we are delivering more advanced features and capabilities so that businesses can thrive in this environment. CoreMedia 7 truly represents the future of information-based as opposed to traditional and dated page-based Web content management systems. This paradigm shift will help our customers stay one step ahead of competitors, while achieving their current and future online business goals and digital strategy faster."
"At JD Group our group-wide 'Art of Service' initiative focuses on delivering a positive customer experience, whether that's in our stores or online across a growing range of channels," stated Andrew Murray, Chief Information Officer, JD Group. "It is critical for JD Group to have an outstanding online presence, and we knew we needed a Web content management solution that could add real value to the online customer experience not just today but in the future. CoreMedia 7 not only met these criteria, but also demonstrated that it was extremely customizable and easy for our business and marketing staff to use. Using CoreMedia 7 to effectively manage and deliver our multiple content assets contextually will also help us to grow JD Group's online presence and e-commerce revenues in retail and financial services while also offering much improved customer engagement."
For more information, visit www.coremedia7.com.
CoreMedia is a leading provider of Web Content Management (WCM) software to organizations demanding engaging, context-driven online experiences for their customers – regardless of channel or touchpoint. The company's WCM suite offers unique business value by seamlessly integrating digital and social media assets, increasing editorial productivity and accelerating time to market in complex environments. As a result, businesses can more effectively execute their online strategies to engage users, build customer loyalty and – ultimately – drive greater revenue and profitability.
Established in 1996, CoreMedia is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, London and Singapore. CoreMedia's clients include global brands such as the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), Bertelsmann, BILD, CLAAS, Continental, EPCOS, Deutsche Telekom, Internet Broadcasting, O2 and Singapore Press Holdings.
For more information please visit us at www.coremedia.com
[i] Gartner, Inc., Engage, Learn, Create and Disrupt With the Nexus of Forces by Chris Howard, 8 October 2012