NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Corgentum Consulting, a leading provider of operational due diligence reviews and background investigations, announced today that the first webinar in its 2019 series will focus on emerging trends in investor operational due diligence (ODD) approaches for hedge fund and private equity. It will take place on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 beginning at 10:30am EDT.
Webinar topics will include:
- How to develop and implement an action plan for effective ODD in 2019
- Update your compliance analysis strategies –
- How will Brexit impact fund managers in the UK and across Europe?
- Examining the impact on alternative fund managers as a result of evolving regulation including the UK Senior Managers Regime (SMR), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), European Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II), and Packaged Retail Investment and Insurance-based Products (PRIIPs)
- Conflict of interest analysis - Review of current frameworks with a focus on deal allocation and co-investments
- Get up to speed on what the regulators are looking for –
- Understand 2019 UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) examination priorities including an increased focus on marketing material disclosures, fund manager cybersecurity and third-party service provider risk management
- Analyze 2019 US SEC examination priorities in the areas of best execution, fees and expenses, oversight of the use of third-party marketers including the Cash Solicitation Rule (Rule 206(4)-3), and analysis of electronic communication messaging usage and archiving as per the Books and Records Rule (Rule 204-2)
- Strategies for better managing the expanding scope of ODD with limited resources
- How to best integrate your ODD and background investigations
The webinar will be hosted by Jason Scharfman, a leading expert in operational due diligence and compliance for hedge funds and private equity. Mr. Scharfman is also the author of the newly released Private Equity Compliance: Analyzing Conflicts, Fees, and Risks (Wiley Finance) available on Amazon. The book serves as a compliment to his previous book Hedge Fund Compliance: Risks, Regulation, and Management.
If you are interested in attending the upcoming webinar, please visit https://bit.ly/2FrUvHw to sign up or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited, and priority access will be provided to premium subscribers of Corgentum's monthly newsletter, Due Diligence News.
About Corgentum Consulting
Corgentum Consulting is a specialist consulting firm for investors that performs operational due diligence reviews and background investigations on fund managers. The firm's work covers all strategies globally including hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, and traditional funds. Corgentum's clients include investors such as fund of funds, pensions, endowments, foundations, investment consultants, banks, institutional investors and family offices. For more information visit www.Corgentum.com
SOURCE Corgentum Consulting