NEW YORK, May 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Corgentum Consulting, a leading provider of operational due diligence reviews and background investigations, announced today that it will host a complimentary webinar. "Launching and Maintaining an Operational Due Diligence Program for Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Real Estate Funds" will take place on June 7, 2017, beginning at 10:30am EDT. The session will be led by leading operational due diligence expert Jason Scharfman (Managing Partner, Corgentum Consulting).
Operational due diligence (ODD) refers to the process that investors use to evaluate a wide variety of business related operational risks at third-party fund managers. Common operational risk areas evaluated by investors range from analyzing trade operations, back office procedures and valuation policies through to determining the quality of a fund manager's information technology infrastructure, as well as governance and regulatory compliance frameworks. Increasingly, ODD also encompasses the investigative due diligence process to perform background checks on fund managers and related entities.
As the complexity and scope of operational risks at fund managers continues to increase, many investors and operational due diligence groups are reevaluating their existing efforts in this area.
Topics that will be covered during the Webinar include:
- Understanding the core elements of an operational due diligence program
- Should you develop an in-house ODD program? Use a consultant? Or both?
- How to document your operational due diligence policies and fund reviews
- Customizing your operational due diligence process for different investment strategies
- Operational due diligence checklists and due diligence questionnaires – do they add value?
- How to analyze key fund manager operational documentation including financial statements, operational policies, compliance manuals and legal documentation
- Data verification - Techniques to verify fund assets, manager investments into their own funds, service provider relationships and performance
- How to review key fund service providers including fund administrators, auditors, prime brokers, compliance and information technology consultants
- Analyzing critical background investigation areas including a fund manager's previous education and employment, media and social media analysis, civil litigation and criminal searches
- How to effectively combine background investigations with the operational due diligence
- Discussion of how to integrate evolving priorities and reporting obligations of global financial regulators including the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the National Futures Association (NFA)
- Analysis of the impact on compliance programs of developing legislation including the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II) and the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD)
Corgentum is a leader in original operational due diligence publications including the newly released Hedge Fund Compliance: Risks, Regulation, and Management which is available for purchase on Amazon.com.
About Corgentum Consulting
Corgentum works with institutional investors including fund of funds, pensions, endowments, investment consultants, and family offices to create highly customized, deep-dive operational due diligence reviews and background investigations. The firm's operational due diligence process is specifically tailored to address the operational risks of each investment strategy under review. Corgentum analyzes all fund strategies globally including hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds and traditional funds. Corgentum's focus on operational due diligence and background investigations has allowed the firm to develop forensic quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques to enhance the depth of investor's due diligence. For more information visit www.Corgentum.com.
SOURCE Corgentum Consulting