NEW YORK, Oct. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Corgentum Consulting, a leading provider of operational due diligence reviews and background investigations, announced that the next webinar in its 2018 series will focus on analyzing private equity compliance functions and will take place on Tuesday October 30, 2018 beginning at 10:30am EDT.
Webinar topics will include:
- Examination of essential procedures to analyze compliance and regulatory risks during the private equity operational due diligence (ODD) process
- Approaches to analyze private equity compliance documentation including the Compliance Manual and Code of Ethics, and related policies outlined in private equity fund offering documentation
- Discussion of ways to analyze key General Partner (GP) risk areas including fee management, conflicts of interest and valuation policies
- Due diligence considerations for private equity and venture capital investments in cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin and ICOs
- Techniques to integrate a review of the information technology function and cybersecurity risks into the larger compliance ODD process
- Review of key service providers including compliance consultants, legal counsel, valuation consultants and auditors
- Understanding private equity manager regulatory reporting requirements and approaches to analyze associated filings
- Integrating ODD into the work of Limited Partner Advisory Committees (LPACs)
- Analysis of private equity regulatory developments and actions brought by regulators including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the United Kingdom's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Examination of the ways operational due diligence is being adapted to analyze emerging global regulatory trends impacting private equity compliance planning including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), European Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II) and Packaged Retail Investment and Insurance-based Products (PRIIPs)
The webinar will be hosted by Managing Partner Jason Scharfman, a leading expert in operational due diligence and compliance for hedge funds and private equity. Mr. Scharfman is also the author of the newly released Private Equity Compliance: Analyzing Conflicts, Fees, and Risks (Wiley Finance) available on Amazon. The book serves as a compliment to the author's previous book Hedge Fund Compliance: Risks, Regulation, and Management.
If you are interested in attending the upcoming webinar, please visit https://bit.ly/2IWhQQx to sign up or contact email@example.com. Space is limited, and priority access will be provided to premium subscribers of Corgentum's monthly newsletter, Due Diligence News.
About Corgentum Consulting
Corgentum Consulting is a specialist consulting firm for investors that performs operational due diligence reviews and background investigations on fund managers. The firm's work covers all strategies globally including hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, and traditional funds. Corgentum's clients include investors such as fund of funds, pensions, endowments, foundations, investment consultants, banks, institutional investors and family offices. For more information visit www.Corgentum.com
SOURCE Corgentum Consulting