NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Corgentum Consulting, a leading provider of integrated operational due diligence reviews and background investigations, announced today the launch of its new 2018 webinar series beginning with, "Launching an operational due diligence program for hedge funds and private equity" on February 6, 2018, beginning at 10:30am EDT.
2018 ushers in the implementation of a host of new compliance and regulatory changes that are directly impacting the way hedge funds and private equity managers operate. This webinar will provide an opportunity for investors considering launching an operational due diligence (ODD) program, those with existing programs, as well as ODD analysts to ensure they are up to speed with these latest developments. Topics that will be covered during the Webinar include:
- What items does a best practice operational due diligence review cover?
- Customizing your operational due diligence process for different investment strategies
- How can background checks be incorporated into the due diligence process?
- Techniques for evaluating critical background investigation areas including a fund manager's previous education and employment, media and social media analysis, civil litigation and criminal searches
- How to document your operational due diligence process? Do ratings work?
- Operational due diligence lessons from recent regulatory enforcement actions
- Service provider trends including hedge fund double administration versus private equity self-administration
- Integrating evolving priorities and reporting obligations of global financial regulators including the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the National Futures Association (NFA) into your operational due diligence process
- Understanding the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - What funds are subject to it? How are funds changing their practice to comply with it? What questions should investors be asking about GDPR?
- European Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II) – How have hedge funds and private equity managers dealt with the 2018 transition process? What measures have funds taken to resolve issues surrounding research costs? How will these costs be allocated? Have funds revised their compliance policies and procedures to effectively address new practices under MiFID II?
- Packaged Retail Investment and Insurance-based Products (PRIIPs) regulations – Have funds worked with legal counsel to determine if they are subject to PRIIPs? How have they dealt with the accompanying regulatory reporting and disclosure requirements?
- Analyzing trends in compliance technology and cybersecurity approaches used by funds
If you are interested in attending the upcoming webinar, please visit https://goo.gl/mx9teV to sign up or contact email@example.com. Space is limited and priority access will be provided to premium subscribers of Corgentum's monthly newsletter, Due Diligence News.
2018 also marks Corgentum's 10th year in operations. This landmark comes on the heels of an announcement last year on the continued expansion of the firm's service offering including cybersecurity due diligence, enhanced fund analytics and more flexible background investigation options. "While the operational due diligence landscape has continued to evolve, Corgentum is proud to have remained focused on providing institutional clients with consistently thorough deep-dive due diligence and investigations into fund managers of all strategies globally," said Jason Scharfman, Corgentum Consulting Managing Partner. "We look forward to continuing to partner with investors to enhance their overall due diligence capabilities."
About Corgentum Consulting
Corgentum works with institutional investors including fund of funds, pensions, endowments, investment consultants, and family offices to create highly customized, deep-dive operational due diligence reviews and background investigations. The firm's operational due diligence process is specifically tailored to address the operational risks of each investment strategy under review. Corgentum analyzes all fund strategies globally including hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds and traditional funds. Corgentum's focus on operational risk has allowed the firm to develop forensic quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques to enhance the depth of investor's due diligence. To learn more about Corgentum's industry leading operational due diligence and background checks visit www.Corgentum.com, signup for the newsletter at Corgentum.com/contact, read the blog, and follow @Corgentum on Twitter.
SOURCE Corgentum Consulting