NEW YORK, Feb. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading operational due diligence and background investigation provider Corgentum Consulting, announced the release of a new book by Jason Scharfman (Managing Partner). Hedge Fund Compliance: Risks, Regulation, and Management (Wiley Finance) provides straightforward practical guidance for the development and analysis of a hedge fund's global compliance program.
"Compliance is one of the fastest growing areas in the hedge fund industry. Hedge funds and their investors have accepted that it is no longer simply a check the box exercise. With proposed changes to established legislation such as Dodd-Frank by President Trump, compliance continues to remain a dynamic area that is critically important for the successful management of a hedge fund," said Scharfman.
A comprehensive reference for industry professionals, the book examines the core functions of a hedge fund's compliance program including the duties of the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and General Counsel (GC). Additionally, the book analyzes the increased use of compliance consultants as well as the emerging role of compliance technology in areas including information security, trade and email surveillance, and business continuity.
Hedge Fund Compliance features interviews with leading hedge fund compliance practitioners including Kent Wegrzyn (Managing Director at ACA Compliance Group) who said, "With increased regulatory scrutiny and investor demands, hedge fund managers need to implement appropriate compliance controls and resources to stay competitive in today's world."
Other critical compliance topics covered include:
- Techniques for investors to evaluate and monitor hedge fund compliance programs during the operational due diligence (ODD) process
- Examination of core hedge fund compliance documentation including the Compliance Manual and Code of Ethics
- Interaction of the compliance function with governance committees and fund directors
- Analysis of compliance challenges faced by hedge funds in areas including valuation, conflict of interest management, asset raising, training and testing, the use of expert networks, and the management of material non-public information (MNPI)
- Overview of the regulatory examination processes and reporting obligations required by global hedge funds regulators including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Examination of the impact on compliance programs of developing legislation including the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) and Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID)
"A strong hedge fund compliance program benefits both fund managers and their investors by improving operating efficiency, oversight and transparency," said Scharfman. "This book provides the fundamental tools to develop an understanding of core compliance concepts – skills that are now an essential requirement for success in hedge funds."
Hedge Fund Compliance: Risks, Regulation, and Management is available for purchase at the publisher's website and Amazon.com.
About Corgentum Consulting
Corgentum works with institutional investors including fund of funds, pensions, endowments, investment consultants, and family offices to create highly customized, deep-dive operational due diligence reviews and background investigations. The firm's ODD process is specifically tailored to address the operational risks of each investment strategy under review, and includes comprehensive analysis on fund compliance infrastructures and regulatory obligations. Corgentum analyzes all fund strategies globally including hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds and traditional funds. Corgentum's focus on operational due diligence and background investigations has allowed the firm to develop forensic quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques to enhance the depth of investor's due diligence. For more information visit www.Corgentum.com
About Jason Scharfman:
Jason Scharfman, Esq., CFE, CRISC is the Managing Partner of Corgentum Consulting. He is recognized as one of the world's leading experts in the field of operational due diligence and hedge funds. He is also the author of publications including "Hedge Fund Governance: Evaluating Oversight, Independence, and Conflicts (Academic Press, 2014)", "Private Equity Operational Due Diligence: Tools To Evaluate Liquidity, Valuation and Documentation (Wiley Finance 2012), and "Hedge Fund Operational Due Diligence: Understanding the Risks (Wiley Finance, 2008)." Mr. Scharfman has also contributed to the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) curriculum.
SOURCE Corgentum Consulting