SACRAMENTO, Calif., Nov. 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic means having health care coverage is more important than ever. Covered California Executive Director Peter V. Lee will join Dr. Mark Ghaly, the Secretary of California's Health and Human Services Agency, and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti to participate in a virtual press conference to officially kickoff California's open enrollment period for 2021 coverage.
The virtual event will take place one day before oral arguments are scheduled before the U.S. Supreme Court in a case that could invalidate the Affordable Care Act, which provides health care to millions of Californians through Covered California and Medi-Cal.
- Peter Lee, Executive Director, Covered California
- Dr. Mark Ghaly, Secretary of California's Health and Human Services Agency and Covered California Board Chair
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles
- Dr. Ilan Shapiro, Medical Director of Health Education and Wellness, AltaMed Health Services
- Sonya Young Aadam, Chief Executive Officer, California Black Women's Health Project
- Connie Chung Joe, Chief Executive Officer, Asian Americans Advancing Justice
WHEN: Monday, Nov. 9, 2020
9-10 a.m. PST
WHERE: Credentialed media only. Please log-in 10 minutes before the event. It will start promptly.
10:00 – 10:30 am
Especial para medios en español Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 898 9552 5253
SOURCE Covered California