CHICAGO, June 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Craig S. Donohue, Chief Executive Officer of CME Group, will serve as Chairman of The Executives' Club of Chicago for the Club's 2010-2011 season, which will include the January 2011 kick-off of the venerable Club's Centennial Celebration. Donohue was elected by The Executives' Club membership at its Annual Meeting on May 18, 2010, at Chicago's Fairmont Hotel.
Craig S. Donohue has been CEO of CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, since 2004. During his tenure, Donohue led the completion of more than $20 billion in mergers and acquisitions, including CME's historic acquisitions of the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) in 2007 and the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) in 2008. He also led the company's strategic investment in BM&FBOVESPA, the largest exchange company in Latin America. Donohue was instrumental in designing and achieving CME's demutualization in November 2000 and its initial public offering in December 2002, which made CME the first publicly traded financial exchange in the United States.
Donohue serves on CME Group's Board of Directors, as well as the boards of BM&FBOVESPA, the World Federation of Exchanges (the trade association of 53 publicly regulated stock, futures and options exchanges around the world) and the Managed Funds Association (the professional trade association of the world's largest hedge funds and alternative investment managers).
In 2010, Donohue was selected as one of the 50 best-performing CEOs in the world by Harvard Business Review. In 2009, he was named to Institutional Investor's Power 50 list of the World's Most Influential People in Finance. He is Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Council for Economic Education, a nonprofit organization that focuses on improving the economic literacy of students and teachers. He also serves as a Board member of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs and the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce.
Donohue was elected with a full slate of officers who will serve The Executives' Club from June 1, 2010 to May 31, 2011. New Club officers include:
- First Vice Chairman: David W. Nelms, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Discover Financial Services,
- Second Vice Chairman: Ilene S. Gordon, Chairman, President & CEO, Corn Products International, Inc.
- Secretary: John J. Conroy, Jr., Chairman of the Executive Committee, Baker & McKenzie
- Treasurer: Carl E. Vander Wilt, Retired Chairman, Chief Executive Officer & President, CenTrust Bank
Five of Chicagoland's top executives were elected to serve their first two-year terms (ending May 2012) on The Executives' Club's Board of Directors: :
- Gail K. Boudreaux, President, United Healthcare
- Christopher G. Kennedy, President, MMPI
- Aylwin B. Lewis, President & Chief Executive Officer, Potbelly Sandwich Works
- Thomas Ricketts, Chief Executive Officer, Incapital, LLC and Executive Chairman, Chicago Cubs
- Gregg Sherrill, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Tenneco Inc.
In addition, 17 Chicago executives were re-elected to the Executives' Club of Chicago's Board of Directors:
One Year Terms Ending May 2011
- John A. Edwardson, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, CDW Corporation
- Michael P. Duff, Jr., Director, Enterprise Solutions Technology Delivery CME Group (Chairman of The Executives'' Club's New Leaders Circle Board)
- Richard C. Vie, Chairman Emeritus, Unitrin, Inc
Two Year Terms Ending May 2012
- William J. Doyle, President & Chief Executive Officer, PotashCorp
- John W. Estey, President & Chief Executive Officer, S&C Electric Company
- David W. Fox, Jr., Vice Chairman, JPMorgan
- J. Erik Fyrwald, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Nalco Company
- Richard W. Gochnauer, President & Chief Executive Officer, United Stationers Inc.
- Linda Johnson Rice, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Johnson Publishing Co., Inc.
- Paul A. Laudicina, Chairman of the Board & Managing Officer, A.T. Kearney
- V. James Marino, President & Chief Executive Officer, Alberto Culver Company
- Gary E. McCullough, President & Chief Executive Officer, Career Education Corporation
- Thomas J. Quinlan, III, President & Chief Executive Officer, RR Donnelley
- William E. Saxelby, President & Chief Executive Officer, Landauer Inc.
- Martin P. Slark, Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Molex Incorporated
- David P. Storch, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, AAR CORP.
- Scott C. Swanson, President & Chief Executive Officer, Charter One Bank, Illinois
Elections also were held at the May 18, 2010 Annual Meeting for leadership for The Executives' Club of Chicago's New Leaders Circle. Established in 2004, the New Leaders Circle helps develop diverse, global, and civic-minded future leaders. The following individuals will serve as officers of the New Leaders Circle for a one-year term concluding in May 2011:
- Chair: Michael Duff, Director, Enterprise Solutions Technology Delivery, CME Group
- First Vice Chair: Catherine O'Connor, Sales Manager, CDW Corporation
- Second Vice Chair: Jeffrey A. Thrall, Global Client Director, Gartner, Inc.
- Membership Chair: Christopher Moses, Vice President & Treasurer, Unitrin, Inc
- Program Chair: Dorri McWhorter, Partner, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Marketing & Public Relations Chair: Marilyn Sorita, Vice President, Account Director Energy BBDO
- Mentorship & Leadership Chair: Heather L. Cooley, Principal, Arias Information Solutions, LLC
- Secretary & Board Development: Henry Y. Lee, Senior Associate, Transwestern
The following individuals have been elected to serve on the New Leaders Board of Directors until May 2011:
- Jennifer L. Mitrenga, Director - Resource Development, Opportunity International
- Roop Nangia, Marketing Director, Alcan Food Packaging Americas
- Javara Perrilliat, Principal, A.T. Kearney
- Ryan Price, Group Manager – Global Product Management, Molex
- David Schuda, Manager, CPD Project Management, The Chamberlain Group, Inc.
- Kavita Soni, Strategy & Marketing Consultant, Powersem GmbH
- Becky Tinkham, Director of Compensation and Staffing, Corn Products International, Inc.
The Executives' Club of Chicago is a business forum for thought leadership, education and best business practices. Founded in 1911, the ECC is one of the oldest and most prestigious business organizations in the Midwest. The Club serves the community by providing information and resources needed to establish effective global partnerships, enhance intellectual exchange, develop diverse civic-minded global business leaders and promote Chicago as a world-class business center. For more information, please visit www.executivesclub.org
SOURCE The Executives' Club of Chicago