DA NANG, Vietnam, Nov. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CreditEase, a Beijing-based leading financial technology conglomerate specializing in inclusive finance and wealth management, announced that its Founder and CEO, Mr Ning Tang, participated in the annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation ("APEC") CEO Summit event, in Da Nang, Vietnam on November 9.
With the theme of "Creating New Dynamism, Fostering A Shared Future", this year's Summit brings together high-level government officials, academia, thought leaders, and over 1,000 CEOs from across the region.
Speaking at the "New Job Creators" panel, Mr Tang joined Chrystia Freeland, Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs, along with other distinguished speakers, to discuss the new era of job creating technologies and industries in a dynamic and competitive global market.
"Over the next decade, tens of millions of SMEs in China will focus more on the quality of their growth, technological innovation, and sustainable development. We at CreditEase has been committed to empowering these SMEs as well as the real economy with technology breakthroughs and new business models ever since the company's establishment," said Mr Tang. "Going forward, we will continue to leverage our FinTech strengths in inclusive finance and wealth management to enhance SMEs' overall financial capabilities and create more value for society."
As China enters the next stage of economic development, SMEs have emerged as an increasingly important growth engine and job creator. As a global leader in FinTech, CreditEase provides a variety of services to address the evolving needs of SMEs in capital raising, insurance, wealth management, and corporate governance.
AngelEase, CreditEase's proprietary crowd investing platform connecting early stage startups with angel investors, along with CreditEase Wealth Management Private Equity FOF product, which invests in high-growth companies globally through different funds with the aid of artificial intelligence, guide high net worth individuals on a path to long term investment and true asset allocation that is fully aligned with the development of new economy. On November 3, CreditEase Wealth Management entered into a comprehensive strategic partnership with leading private equity and venture capital fund manager IDG Capital, in another landmark move to unleash new momentum for the economy.
Apart from giving SMEs much-needed access to financing, CreditEase also serves as their one stop shop providing best-in-class payment, insurance, as well as wealth and risk management solutions.
In an effort to equip Chinese entrepreneurs with management expertise relevant to the new era, CreditEase also develops executive study tour programs offering rare glimpses into the best business practices around the world. In November 2017, CreditEase introduced the Ram Charan Management Practice Award into China, with its strategic partner Harvard Business Review, to recognize and promote outstanding management practices in China.
"In the past 11 years, we have grown from China's first marketplace lending platform to a full-service Fintech company with global footprint, committed to giving the traditionally underbanked SMEs access to comprehensive financial services," said Mr Tang. "As a firm believer of an innovation-driven new economy, we look forward to continuously contributing to this worthy cause in the next phase of our journey."
Key Points from Mr Ning Tang
- Within the next three to five years, China's 200 million middle class and mass affluent investors will have financial advisors in their mobile phones. They don't need human advisors.
- Technology will not replace people. Technology will empower people.
- Individuals, rather than big corporations, will be ultimately responsible for their retirement planning, and FinTech-powered wealth management like robo-advisor can play an important role.
- With technology we are able to provide better financial services, which is instrumental to the new economy and society.
- Jobs won't be lost, but people have to change. Companies like CreditEase are here to help make that happen. A wide array of tools and the ensuing opportunities are here for the more prepared minds. Instead of fear, what we need is a much stronger sense of urgency, and an action plan.
- Every organization should reinvent itself in five to ten years' of time. Technology is evolving at an unprecedented pace, bringing about enormous changes at workplace. Workers should thus reinvent themselves to adapt to this new development as well.
CreditEase is a Beijing-based leading FinTech conglomerate in China, specializing in inclusive finance and wealth management, in addition to payment technology, marketplace lending, crowdfunding, robo-advisory, insurance technology and blockchain products and services. CreditEase actively engages with global FinTech innovators through business incubation, commercial co-operation, and investment. Better tech, better finance, better world.