MIAMI, Dec. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Crystal River Cruises today announced details of its new collection of destination experiences for voyages along Europe's Danube, Rhine and Main rivers. Debuting in 2018, the newly added offerings focus on authenticity and are tailored to travelers' individual interests, featuring smaller group sizes and unique details. Nearly 200 enriching excursions are included, with additional pursuits also available at a cost. The shore-side excursions highlight the multi-faceted character of each destination and comprises five types of experiences including:
- Personal Connections – Those looking to explore the culture of a destination can enjoy a one-of-a-kind tour hosted by local residents, artisans and experts;
- Tantalizing Gastronomy – Guests can relish in the signature culinary styles and specialties of the destination with a variety of dining and hands-on cooking opportunities;
- Cultural Discoveries – Guests will enjoy comprehensive insight from expert guides into historical landmarks, museums, iconic sites and architectural marvels;
- Exhilarating Adventures – Active cruise travelers can participate in a selection of invigorating pursuits that combine historical and cultural experiences;
- Design Your Time – For a more tailored vacation, guests can choose this option, which features a concierge service that designs unique private tours as well as a menu of customized choices.
"Every detail of the Crystal River Cruises' curated destination program has been revamped to focus on choices, and offer more intimate, immersive experiences that perfectly suit travelers' preferences and properly showcase the charm and beauty of the destinations," says Walter Littlejohn, managing director and vice president of Crystal River Cruises. "While each locale offers its own distinct 'can't-miss' experiences, we recognize that every guest brings his or her own distinct style of exploration, and we strive to cater to that individuality."
With many destinations offering more than a dozen choices for shore-side discovery, some of the new experiences featured on voyages in Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Switzerland, Slovenia, Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, Croatia and Serbia include:
Nearly 200 Inclusive Adventures including:
- Immersive culinary experience in the foodie haven of Rotterdam;
- String & opera performance in a historic Antwerp cathedral;
- A full day exploring Salzburg from Linz;
- Horse show & carriage ride at Lázár Equestrian Park;
- An owner-hosted tasting at Schlagkamp Winery in Cochem;
- Cycle to Veitshochheim Castle and its Rococo Garden in Wurzburg;
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Amsterdam's greenhouses, where the famous tulips are cultivated.
Dozens of Optional Experiences including:
- Vintage photography adventure in Vukovar;
- Hands-on instruction in Linzer torte baking;
- Private home cooking lesson in Kehl;
- Wine tasting in the renowned cellars of Vienna's Palais Coburg;
- Canoe through the romantic canals of Strasbourg;
- Explore Budapest by Trabant Cars;
- Hands-on creativity in one of Novi Sad's last remaining tapestry workshops;
- Horseback riding through the forests of Novi Sad's Fruška Gora National Park.
Each river itinerary will also feature inclusive Signature Events – special events that offer rare access and musical performances in iconic landmarks including Vienna's Belvedere Palace, Linz's St. Florian Monastery, Rüdesheim's Monastery Eberbach, and others.
To ensure that every detail of each experience is in line with Crystal's exacting standards of service, excursion group sizes are limited to no more than 15 guests; for larger groups, guides are available to lead the tours in German, Spanish, Portuguese and other languages upon request. Crystal Collection shore excursions offer guest transport to iconic sites and regions via spacious motor coaches that include free WiFi.
Guests can fully embrace the culture, flavors, history and activities of each destination with the expansive selection offered aboard Crystal Mozart, Crystal Bach, Crystal Mahler, Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel. Fares for Crystal River Cruises start at $3,175 per person including Early Booking Savings of up to $1000 per suite.
By sea, river, land or air, Crystal has redefined the way the world views luxury travel. The world-renowned Crystal Experience – featuring global journeys with Crystal Cruises, Crystal River Cruises, Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises, Crystal AirCruises and Crystal Air – continues to entice the world's most discerning travelers with incomparable luxury and unparalleled personal service. Crystal will expand its fleet with the upcoming Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel river ships, the Crystal Endeavor expedition yacht and an entirely new class of ocean ships over the next five years.
Celebrating 27 years of excellence, Crystal Cruises is the World's Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line, having earned "World's Best Cruise Ship" in Condé Nast Traveler's Reader Choice Awards for 24 years; been voted "World's Best Large Ship Cruise Line" by Travel + Leisure readers for 20 years; and the "Best Luxury Cruise Line" by travel professional organization Virtuoso for three consecutive years (2014, 2015 & 2016). The readers of Travel + Leisure also voted Crystal River Cruises the "World's Best River Cruise Line" and Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises the "World's Best Small-Ship Cruise Line" in 2017. Crystal is proud to be a platinum partner of the professionals of ASTA.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888.799.2437, or visit www.crystalcruises.com. Join the hundreds of thousands who follow Crystal Cruises' Facebook page and @crystalcruises on Twitter and Instagram, and engage in the conversation with #crystalcruises.
SOURCE Crystal River Cruises