CNBC’S JON FORTT TO NAME WINNERS ON MARCH 23 AT INTERNATIONAL CTIA WIRELESS 2011®
WASHINGTON, March 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- International CTIA WIRELESS 2011® today announced the Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Awards finalists in 14 categories in mobile applications, mobile consumer electronics, enterprise and vertical markets and network infrastructure.
On Wednesday, March 23, at 2:00 p.m. EST, Jon Fortt, technology reporter for CNBC, will announce the E-Tech Awards winners on the Exhibit Innovations Stage at International CTIA WIRELESS 2011, taking place March 22-24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
Media and industry analysts judged the entries based on innovation, functionality, technological importance, implementation and overall "wow" factor. Many award submissions will be displayed in a showcase in the Emerging Technology Zone during International CTIA WIRELESS.
In addition to the 14 awards categories, industry peers can vote between now and March 23 for their favorite entries at www.ctiashow.com/awards and onsite via text during the three-day show. The entry with the most online votes will be named "Best Online Pick." The entry that earns the most text votes during the show in Orlando will be named "Best in Show."
The 2011 CTIA E-Tech Awards finalists are (by category in alphabetical order):
Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Alcatel-Lucent TeleHealth Manager, Alcatel-Lucent
- Digifit™, Digifit
- iHealth Blood Pressure Monitoring System, iHealth Lab
- The Telcare Cellular-Enabled Blood Glucose Meter, Telcare, Inc.
- WellDoc Diabetes Manager System, WellDoc
- 1Touch Frictionless Mobile Payments, appMobi
- aisle411, aisle411
- BilltoMobile™, BilltoMobile
- Key Ring Reward Cards, Mobestream Media
- ROAMpay Swipe for BlackBerry, ROAM Data, Inc
Productivity, Utility and Public Safety
- LogMeIn Ignition, LogMeIn, Inc.
- GadgetTrak, ActiveTrak
- Opera Mini, Opera Software
- Skype for iPhone App, Skype
- SwiftKey Tablet, TouchType Ltd.
- Muve Music from Cricket, Cricket Communications/Leap Wireless, Int.
- Digimarc Discover, Digimarc
- mSpot Music, mSpot, Inc.
- Verizon FiOS Mobile, Verizon
MOBILE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
- Novatel Wireless 4G MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot, Novatel Wireless
- Jabra STONE2, Jabra
- Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot, Samsung Telecommunications America
- ZAGGmate™ w/keyboard, ZAGG
- ZOMM, ZOMM, LLC
Fashion & Lifestyle Products
- ZOMM, ZOMM, LLC
- ZuniDigital, Inc.
- HTC ThunderBolt, HTC
- LG Revolution, LG Mobile Phones
- Motorola ATRIX 4G, Motorola Mobility
- LG Mobile Phones
- LG Mobile Phones
Tablets/Netbooks/Embedded Wireless Devices
- AT&T-connected Vitality GlowCaps, AT&T
- BlackBerry PlayBook, Research In Motion
- Eye-Fi Direct Mode, Eye-Fi
- MOTOROLA XOOM, Motorola Mobility
- T-Mobile® G-Slate™ with Google™ by LG, LG Mobile Phones
ENTERPRISE & VERTICAL MARKET
- ChoiceView, Radish Systems, LLC
- PAYware Mobile Enterprise, VeriFone
- Roambi ES3 v3.1, MeLLmo
- Symantec Next Generation Network Protection, Symantec
- TerreStar GENUS, TerreStar
Healthcare & Wellness
- Bluetooth v4.0 with low energy technology, Bluetooth SIG
- CellTrak - 1.74 Mobile HealthCare Visit Manager Application, CellTrak Technologies, Inc.
- Reflection, powered by Aframe Digital, Reflection Solutions
- Telcare's Diabetes Disease Management Solution, Telcare, Inc.
- WoundMatrix Mobile Wound Management Solution, WoundMatrix, Inc.
Mobile Marketing or Advertising
- Appcelerator Titanium Commerce, Appcelerator
- Celtra AdCreator, Celtra Technologies
- GET IT, Emdigo
- miSpot for Advertisers, GoldSpot Media
- Mobile Marketing Console (MMC), ZOS Communications
Green Telecom & Smart Energy Solutions, Applications and Hardware
- E-2500 Fuel Cell System, ReliOn
- IDAPT i1 Eco, IDAPT
- LilyPad, Wireless NRG, LLC
- OneBase InSite Connect, CommScope
- WYSIPS - What You See Is Photovoltaic Surface, WYSIPS SAS
- 4G LTE Integrated Router with DECA & VoIP, Actiontec Electronics
- Huawei ePico3802 Enterprise Femtocell, Huawei Technologies (USA)
- Powerwave 4G MIMO Active Array Antenna, Powerwave Technologies
- Powerwave LTE Picocell, Powerwave Technologies
- ZTE Gecko, ZTE Corporation
Wide Area Network
- Alcatel-Lucent Light Radio, Alcatel-Lucent
- Nokia Siemens Networks Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station, Nokia Siemens Networks
- Smart Networks for Smart Devices, Nokia Siemens Networks
- Smart WLAN Connectivity, Nokia Siemens Networks
- ZTE CDMA/LTE Dual Mode 4T4R Radio Unit, ZTE Corporation
Press and analyst registration is open: www.ctiashow.com/pressreg
Follow CTIA Shows on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CTIAShow
Twitter: twitter.com/CTIAShow (#CTIAW11)
About CTIA Shows
CTIA shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. International CTIA WIRELESS® 2011 takes place March 22-24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS™ 2011 takes place October 11-13 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California. Visit www.ctiashow.com.
CTIA–The Wireless Association® is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and produces the industry's leading tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C. Visit www.ctia.org.
SOURCE CTIA-The Wireless Association